BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 03-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Default Unofficial Rumor - New 3rd? More black?

I almost put this in the LSYDWTMATF thread, but with the Bolts' injury train continuing to run full-speed off the tracks and the playoffs in doubt I thought some lighter fare from Chris at icethetics might be an enjoyable diversion. From http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2012...r-edition.html :
Tampa Bay Lightning

New alternate jersey This is another rumor I'm not ready to buy into yet, but some think the Lightning are on the verge of replacing their third jersey in 2012.
In fairness, for a team like the Lightning, it doesn't really make sense to have two blue jerseys. It works for Toronto (it's their only color) and the Blue Jackets (because a team called the "Blue" Jackets can't wear a red jersey). But Tampa Bay isn't yet ready to give up black as a part of the color scheme.
After getting feedback from fans on the new identity, Lightning CEO Tod Leiweke did say that black would be reincorporated into the team's look — though it was too late to substantially change the logo or home and road uniforms that were launched this season. It makes me think a black alternate sweater could be on the horizon here. (And that "black" theme continues...)
So though I'm not convinced it's a real likelihood for 2012-13, it does make sense in a lot of ways.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default Black

Bring back the black, c'mon we won a cup in black, link to our history as a franchise. Black please.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

2004 Blacks as our throwbacks, IMO.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via Yahoo to Coldrice

Isn't next season supposed to be our really-officially-official 20th Anniversary? Would say there's perhaps some solid smoke to that rumor of a new 3rd to commemorate our 20th.

Just going back to the 04 SC blacks would be perfect. Unless they decide to go really retro old-school and break out the block fonts from the 1st 2 years.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Cooper's Law

Slap the new logo(or alternate logo) on these, keep the letter and number font and I'll be happy
Old 03-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Paintbrush numbers, gotta love it.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Thanks for the reminder Coldrice--I'd totally forgotten about the 20th anniversary of both the Bolts and Senators coming up in Oct. (Of course OTT has somewhat bizarrely decided to jump the gun and celebrate a year early, but we just chalk that up to their ongoing penchant for revising historical facts, like the annoying one where that franchise has never won the Cup but ours has. Plus, they're kind of stupid--they could've marketed the yearlong celebration of the All-Star Game in '11-12 and then another one for the 20th anniversary in '12-13. Duhhhh...)

Remembering Leiweke's remarks about how they could bring back black but it was too late for this season (couldn't even have kept the same gloves they wear with the thirds?) (hopefully a valuable lesson has been learned: they should've met with Donnie and the rest earlier, rather than deciding to "Leaf" us fans out of the decision)...this would seem like a perfect time to celebrate two decades of pioneering NHL hockey in Florida, plus fix the team image situation in a big BIG way, electrifying the fan base and pumping up merchandise revenues. Here's hoping it's BOTH a restoring of visible black accents to the uniform and a new black third.

That's odd...why am I suddenly hearing AC/DC in my head

So look at me now, I'm just makin' my play
Don't try to push your luck, just get out of my way 'cause I'm...
Old 03-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Steve Downie's Kisses

This is a rumor I can buy into. Make it so.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:34 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
2004 Blacks as our throwbacks, IMO.
Agreed.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:42 PM
BP Staff

Put the damned victory stripes back on all the uniforms.