BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 03-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Canes made it pretty easy for the zebras there in OT. I've never officiated a game but IMHO if you leap like an Olympic high jumper full-force into an opponent--a goaltender who's in his crease, no less--you might expect a penalty. Just flip the sweaters; think the Lightning would ever get a break from the refs after steamrolling a goalie in that exact same manner? Crack must be super potent in outer space.

I dunno, maybe if he'd managed to clear Garon instead of flattening him like a bowling pin he'd have gotten away with it...yeah, not inclined to shed too many tears over that call. For once a goalie interference call goes our way, in OT, and we win. I'm going with Yay!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouché View Post
I look forward to the offseason, when our situation on D will be addressed.
I think it's pretty much been addressed. Don't get me wrong, I agree we need one more top four guy, but the summer is for goal tending and after the trades, I'm sure sure how much we are going to see it change.

BTW, Nice run on sentence.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:02 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Canes made it pretty easy for the zebras there in OT. I've never officiated a game but IMHO if you leap like an Olympic high jumper full-force into an opponent--a goaltender who's in his crease, no less--you might expect a penalty. Just flip the sweaters; think the Lightning would ever get a break from the refs after steamrolling a goalie in that exact same manner? Crack must be super potent in outer space.

I dunno, maybe if he'd managed to clear Garon instead of flattening him like a bowling pin he'd have gotten away with it...yeah, not inclined to shed too many tears over that call. For once a goalie interference call goes our way, in OT, and we win. I'm going with Yay!
I still don't see any semblence of a shove. Stamkos' arm never moves, Unless he can Jedi mind trick him, Stamkos would have to extend his arm in order to shove.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Manon Rheaume Lookalike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester47 View Post
I think it's pretty much been addressed. Don't get me wrong, I agree we need one more top four guy, but the summer is for goal tending and after the trades, I'm sure sure how much we are going to see it change.

BTW, Nice run on sentence.
I won't consider it addressed until we make at least one addition that can be a mainstay in our top 4.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Yzerman's comments to the media after the trade deadline leads to believe he is still shopping for another blueliner this summer.

He said that the team needed so much work on defense that it really was too much to take on during summer FA period, so the team got a head start at the deadline.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Cooper's Law

On NHL live he said that he couldn't get 5 different d-men during the summer. Yes, he used the number 5. Perhaps an exageration, given that he has Hedman, Brewer and MAB (oh yeah, Ohland too) all signed for next year. But perhaps not.