BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 03-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Steve Ludzik's Leisure Suit Vest

Teddy is a beast right now. Nothing would make me happier than Stammer to take the points title from Malkin. We just need to continue to fight for our playoff lives. Impressive win tonight on the back to back.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Larry Hirsch's Travel Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Get micklesom off the ice, he looks terrible. And make the d pairings consostant, these guys have no clue where their partner is going to be. And break up Marty/stamkos/teddy, they have looked terrible tonight.
LOL at this. Mikkelson looks fine and yes, let's break up our one scoring line. Good job
Old 03-04-2012, 05:57 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsby View Post
LOL at this. Mikkelson looks fine and yes, let's break up our one scoring line. Good job
I wrote that during the game.
Mickelson was terrible tonight, and that line did not play well together tonight. Not permanently, but they were off together. Stamkos got his goals when he was out there with different wingers and on a pp. Almost every one of the stamkos/Marty/teddy shifts through the first twobperiods involved those three trying to get the puck back in our defensive zone, probably due to exhaustion, but still. Mickelson had about 5 turnovers in our some and guys were flying by him and he couldn't stop any of them. He jad a bad game, it happens, but don't try to mock me for it. His ice time should have been cut last night.

What i cant figyre out are the complaints of the penalty call in ot. You watch it, stmkos' ARM never moves. To push or shove you have to extend your arm. He dodnt do that. Sutter wasn't paying atttention and by the time he looked up, he tbougt up and over was the best move. Heck, wasn't tootoo like suspended for the EXACT same move against Ryan miller?
Old 03-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Mikkelson was paired with Brewer most if the game and he's just not quite good enough yet to cover for Brewer. He was trying to do too much.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

I just finished watching this and it was a fun one. Back to back nights, with travel issues, both games OT? Bring on the adversity! Beauty of a shot fake by Purcell to dish Stammer's OT winner. That's 4 OT goals this year for him.

Re: Hedman - Apparently it's no concussion, either. Great news there.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Old-Skool Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
Mikkelson was paired with Brewer most if the game and he's just not quite good enough yet to cover for Brewer. He was trying to do too much.
Right on the money...his "extra effort" was notable, and not productive. . And who'd have thunk that anybody would have to "cover" for Brewer?? I think we've all had the big head scratch over that situation..
Old 03-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Snoozin' Zyuzin (aka Suddenly Susan)

Canes fans calling the OT penalty a horrible call, blaming ref Tim Peel.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...al-blown-calls

However, I read a different article that said the other ref (St Lauren?) made the call, not Peel. I have to admit, when I saw the replay, I did think he got pushed into Garon and thought there would be a no-call. Not complaining about the 2 points though. This team has really been amazing when their backs repeatedly get pushed against the wall. To have a totally revamped D and to see how quickly they have gelled, is a testament to Boucher's system. Not only are we 2 points out of 8th, we are only 4 behind the 'Turds for the division lead. Simply amazing
Old 03-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutznboltz View Post
Canes fans calling the OT penalty a horrible call, blaming ref Tim Peel.
Any opportunity to blame Tim Peel, I'm in. I'll take the two points, though. It did look like Sutter did a pretty good job to avoid Garon, though, whether he was pushed or not. The leap frog was a good idea, but unfortunately for them, he was called.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
I could see that, but he was bad because of it. Like I said before, Brewer is playing like a bottom pair dman, and I'm not sure I want him in right now at any situation.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:13 AM
Manon Rheaume Lookalike

Brewer is being overworked (not that we have much of a choice) and when he's not with Hedman he's with someone who might not even crack the starting roster on many NHL teams. His skillset is that of a respectable middle pairing guy, possibly a solid #2. It's tough to ask him to be our "horse" and log 25+ minutes a night especially with Hedman out. He played big minutes for us as soon as we acquired him and continued to do so into a deep playoff run, and now that we're pushing for a playoff spot, he'll keep seeing those minutes even though he's probably worn out. I look forward to the offseason, when our situation on D will be addressed.

Also, the call in OT was atrocious and Peel didn't make it. The Canes have every right to be upset, although it's nice to be on the right side of a call like that.

Last edited by Bouché; 03-05-2012 at 12:15 AM.