BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Janitor's Closet

Old 11-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Old-Skool Assassin

Default Player link error on front page.

Head's up: I just tried to click on the player links on the front page, and they all kick to an error page. I also tried clicking on player links inside articles, and get the same error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /var/drupal-6.17/includes/common.inc(1699) : eval()'d code:2 Stack trace: #0 /var/drupal-6.17/includes/common.inc(1699) : eval()'d code(2): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('http://elitepro...', 0, true) #1 /var/drupal-6.17/includes/common.inc(1699): eval() #2 /var/drupal-6.17/modules/php/php.module(82): drupal_eval('<??$rss = new S...') #3 [internal function]: php_filter('process', '0', '2', '<??$rss = new S...', '2:02a5fe089868e...') #4 /var/drupal-6.17/includes/module.inc(462): call_user_func_array('php_filter', Array) #5 /var/drupal-6.17/modules/filter/filter.module(457): module_invoke('php', 'filter', 'process', '0', '2', '<??$rss = new S...', '2:02a5fe089868e...') #6 /opt/drupal/sites/all/modules/cck/modules/text/text.module(171): check_markup('<???$rss = new ...', '2', false) #7 /opt/drupal/sites/all/modules/cck/content.module(1253): text_field('sanitize', Object(stdClass), Array, Array, false, true) #8 /opt/drupal/sites/al in /var/drupal-6.17/includes/common.inc(1699) : eval()'d code on line 2
Old 11-04-2011, 04:33 PM
BP Staff

Thanks, I'll send Tim an Email.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Yuck. Guess I know what I'm doing tonight during the game...
Old 11-04-2011, 11:50 PM
Administrator

After investigating this issue... it's not BP, it's EliteProspects.com

The stats displayed in many our prospect/player profiles are embedded links from eliteprospects.com. They are having a database connection issue at their site.

For instance, if you attempt to navigate to Dmitri Kazionov's profile on eliteprospects.com at http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=12233 you get db connection error page.

When you attempt to load a BP player profile on the BP site, it attempts to load it's stats page from eliteprospects.com and their error trips up our profile rendering.

At this point, I'm just going to wait and see if eliteprospects.com gets their stuff fixed. If they don't within a reasonable time, I'll make some changes.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Administrator

eliteprospects.com has their database issue fixed, and now our player profiles are rendering again.