BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Didn't realize they were the same. People shouldn't have to pay for that crappy quality.
I agree. But actually, the EU site doesn't seem to lag much if at all. Must be less stress on the server.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Yeah I'd feel worse about ripping it off if it was a good product, but sheesh.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_haas View Post
I agree. But actually, the EU site doesn't seem to lag much if at all. Must be less stress on the server.
Perhaps, which is strange considering how many sports feeds they gather.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:50 PM
The Constrictor

Nikita Gusev was traded in the KHL today
Old 11-29-2012, 12:42 PM
Larry Hirsch's Travel Agent

Yesterday, I asked for a refund on my 2 seats. With 3 other families involved in our package, it seemed like the right thing to do.

They are cutting the check today.

Its really too bad, I have attended games live since 1993, been a package holder since around 1996 or so, and a 1/2 season ticket holder since 1999.
I thought asking for a refund would make me feel like less of a Lightning fan but it doesn't.
I have wholeheartly supported Lightning for almost 20 years. I have spent thousands of dollars while my family and I attended games.
Each of us have many lifelong memories, some good, some bad, including knocking off one bucket list bullet of mine...watching the Stanley cup hoisted live.
I think we have great fans, good players and a caring owner. I look forward to when the Lightning is back on the ice.

Hope someone comes to their senses soon, but when Sidney is looking to play in Europe and Bettman says they are "far apart" I guess its time.

Last edited by gphockey; 11-29-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:08 PM
Cooper's Law

Which of the 3 options did you select? I took #3 - getting my money back as they are cancelled. A complete refund wasn't offered, so kudos in getting your money back. The more that do this, the more pressure on Vinik.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphockey View Post
Yesterday, I asked for a refund on my 2 seats. With 3 other families involved in our package, it seemed like the right thing to do.

So you asked for a full refund and it was given? Interesting to know that that is possible. I may be headed back north with my girlfriend and she is a STM - if the lockout is still happening she may need to go the same route. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:04 PM
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphockey View Post

Its really too bad, I have attended games live since 1993, been a package holder since around 1996 or so, and a 1/2 season ticket holder since 1999.
I thought asking for a refund would make me feel like less of a Lightning fan but it doesn't.
I have wholeheartly supported Lightning for almost 20 years. I have spent thousands of dollars while my family and I attended games.
Each of us have many lifelong memories, some good, some bad, including knocking off one bucket list bullet of mine...watching the Stanley cup hoisted live.
I think we have great fans, good players and a caring owner. I look forward to when the Lightning is back on the ice.

Hope someone comes to their senses soon, but when Sidney is looking to play in Europe and Bettman says they are "far apart" I guess its time.
I applaud you for doing this, as it puts pressure on Vinik to not stand by and let the Jacobs etc group of owners continue to screw the pooch.

As for me, I am honestly torn. I want to cancel as a statement against the handling of these negotiations and the fact we are here again so soon after the 04 lockout. But the other part of me doesn't want to punish Vinik. And the other part of me knows I will be right back again when they return, but that being said. I'm so over this crap I am honestly nearing the point of saying screw it.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:18 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by uf1910 View Post
I applaud you for doing this, as it puts pressure on Vinik to not stand by and let the Jacobs etc group of owners continue to screw the pooch.

As for me, I am honestly torn. I want to cancel as a statement against the handling of these negotiations and the fact we are here again so soon after the 04 lockout. But the other part of me doesn't want to punish Vinik. And the other part of me knows I will be right back again when they return, but that being said. I'm so over this crap I am honestly nearing the point of saying screw it.
Pull the money and go put your money into the Solar Bears. I'm taking the money I would have spent on Center Ice and instead I'm using it to go see OHL/ECHL games.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Larry Hirsch's Travel Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Which of the 3 options did you select? I took #3 - getting my money back as they are cancelled. A complete refund wasn't offered, so kudos in getting your money back. The more that do this, the more pressure on Vinik.
We intially selected option 1, but had some resistance within the group (4 of us) and eventually decided to request a refund.
I asked for via email to my rep and confirmation from him via phone call to me that we should get 100% of it back. (plus 1% according to the brochure, but wont kick to hard if they dont come up with that)

Be advised I have not checked my mail as of today (Monday) as I was camping all weekend. St. Joseph Pennisula State Park...(They have a sign at the checkin station that it was the only 2 time best state park in the USA winner).
http://www.floridastateparks.org/stjoseph/

Will post when the check has arrived.

Last edited by gphockey; 12-03-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Closed Thread