BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > The Draft

Old 04-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via Yahoo to Coldrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
What next, you'll be saying Pitt winning the Crosby lottery was a fix...?
Amazing how that worked out, huh?

Quote:
The good news for Columbus at least, providing Edm does take Yakupov, Grigorenko is no slouch, either.
I see it going down like this:

* Tambellini takes Nail or Murray.

* Columbus takes either Murray or Forsberg.

* Habs grab Grigorenko.

* Isles take Yakupov if he's still on the board. If not, then maybe Galchenyuk or even Rielly. Wouldn't put it past Garth to seek Streit's replacement.

* I wholeheartedly agree with Tim... if everyone else is gone, he's gonna nab Dumba. RSchmitz too. If Burkie doesn't have a shot a Dumba, then it's down to Galchenyuk or even Trouba... I can see Mr. Truculence doing that.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrice View Post

I see it going down like this:

* Tambellini takes Nail or Murray.

* Columbus takes either Murray or Forsberg.

* Habs grab Grigorenko.

* Isles take Yakupov if he's still on the board. If not, then maybe Galchenyuk or even Rielly. Wouldn't put it past Garth to seek Streit's replacement.

* I wholeheartedly agree with Tim... if everyone else is gone, he's gonna nab Dumba. RSchmitz too. If Burkie doesn't have a shot a Dumba, then it's down to Galchenyuk or even Trouba... I can see Mr. Truculence doing that.
I can't see Yakupov falling to the Isles. If Tambellini wants to take Murray, he'll be calling Howson and saying something like, "You want Yakupov, right? Give us a 3rd/4rd/5th rounder and we can swap."

I'm also in the pool of "Dumba doesn't fall to 10th." Luckily, there's a few others that are good enough.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:52 PM
BP Staff

Hoping Trouba falls, but Ceci a fine pick at that spot. The Finn forward could be the wildcard here. Yzerman hard to figure.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:27 PM
BP Staff

Red Line has been very high on Aberg and Collberg lately. Basically, their take on this draft is that the only elite skill at the forward position comes from a handful of European born players. I think the top 4-5 are pretty set in stone (Yakupov, Grogorienko, Forsberg, Murray, Dumba), and after that all bets are off. The scarcity of skilled forwards combined with the disgusting amount of defensive depth could make for an early run of teams reaching for Galchenyuk, Aberg, and Collberg and push guys like Trouba down lower than they deserve. That's good news for a team like the Lightning.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via Yahoo to Coldrice

Quote:
I can't see Yakupov falling to the Isles. If Tambellini wants to take Murray, he'll be calling Howson and saying something like, "You want Yakupov, right? Give us a 3rd/4rd/5th rounder and we can swap."
Since the Jackets have previously taken Zherdev and Filatov, one has to wonder:

"Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice shame on me" ?

~Or~

"3rd time's (Russian) a charm?"

Zo would have the inside scoop on the pulse of the fanbase in Columbus but I gotta think that since they were unsuccessful with Zherdev & Filatov there has to be a lot of trepidation in chosing either Yakupov or Grigorenko there.

Have a feeling the Habs go with the home Province player (Grigorenko).

Just my thoughts on it. So if the string plays out (my thoughts) then yes, Nail will be there for the Isles. If The Oil take Murray.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Since the Jackets have previously taken Zherdev and Filatov, one has to wonder:

"Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice shame on me" ?

~Or~

"3rd time's (Russian) a charm?"

Zo would have the inside scoop on the pulse of the fanbase in Columbus but I gotta think that since they were unsuccessful with Zherdev & Filatov there has to be a lot of trepidation in chosing either Yakupov or Grigorenko there.

Have a feeling the Habs go with the home Province player (Grigorenko).

Just my thoughts on it. So if the string plays out (my thoughts) then yes, Nail will be there for the Isles. If The Oil take Murray.
Ok, I still don't see it playing out that way, but it does make sense. I guess it'd be too hard to pass up on a potential superstar like Yakupov and go with a Dman, especially with what could be happening with Nash. Not saying Murray won't be great but Fwds sell tickets.

Another saving grace for the "3rd time's a charm" field, Nail will be drafted out of the OHL, whereas Zherdev and Filatov were out of Russia.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Default Thoughts

I was at NHL.com and was surprised to see hoffner have us picking Subban with the 10th and Kimmelman man has us taking Vasilevski with the 23rd. At leastnKimmelman has us taking Reinhardt with the 10th. Draftsite.com has some interesting picks form us, like taking Ebert with our first second rounder.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
I was at NHL.com and was surprised to see hoffner have us picking Subban with the 10th and Kimmelman man has us taking Vasilevski with the 23rd. At leastnKimmelman has us taking Reinhardt with the 10th. Draftsite.com has some interesting picks form us, like taking Ebert with our first second rounder.
Huge reach on a position we don't even really need in the system. What a retarded prediction
Old 04-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Default Yes

I thought that might be the case, in terms of Subban, draftsite has him going in the late 2nd which from reading about him seems accurate. Thanks for the comment RSchmitz.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
The fans are scared crapless of drafting a Russian with a high pick. Perhaps that's one reason TSN had them taking Murray. But consider that Columbus is actually fairly set on the blue line for the near future -- Jack Johnson and James Wisniewski are legitimate top guys, and there's some good players in the pipeline too. On the other hand, you're heading into an off-season in which your franchise leading scorer is about to get traded. I think offense has to be the biggest need. Is that worth the risk (and hard feelings) of drafting a Russian?

Or, does this increase the likelyhood of the pick being dealt?

I say trade the pick to Edmonton for RNH and let them go Russian with #1 and #2 .