BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-28-2011, 12:14 PM
ChaseSpace's Avatar
ChaseSpace ChaseSpace is online now
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Williston, FL
Posts: 4,464
Default Tampa Bay off-season talk(pre free agency)

Thread for all off-season news pertaining to the Bolts. I'll make a new one on July first and have an as updated list I can keep of incoming and outgoing players.

Let's get Stammer, Lundin, Teddy, and Thor a contract.

If they resign Roli I'd like to see them sign Fasth from overseas and guarantee him at the least the backup job. That way you have a trusted talent in net and a possible steal with him and no long term/high dollar contracts going into the last year of the CBA(if I'm remembering correctly the CBA expires next summer, please correct me if I'm wrong).
__________________
Gudas Priest
  #2  
Old 05-28-2011, 12:39 PM
Hoek's Avatar
Hoek Hoek is online now
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 10,707
Default

I'm starting to be more open to the idea of going with Roli another year if he's willing to. I'm not sure we should rush to solve the goalie problem with something expensive. Then again it's not likely the options will get better after Bryzgalov and Vokoun this offseason, but who knows. I would try to be thrifty with that spot though and not get locked into another boondoggle. The D is a lot more precarious I think. There's only 4 guys who are still on contract next season (Lundin and Smaby are RFAs but do we keep them?), so there's more room to make decisions. Really would like to hang on to Brewer, and then target someone else we can depend on for a while after Kubina is gone. Ohlund we are stuck with for quite a while yet so hopefully he doesn't degrade too quickly.
  #3  
Old 05-28-2011, 02:57 PM
mustang mustang is offline
Human Nerf Dart
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 342
Default

I'm sentimental about the '11 team, but only to a point. I'm operating under the assumption that Brewer and Bergenheim will be elsewhere next year - somebody's gonna throw buckets of money at both those guys, money we need for the 91 and 77 extensions. I'd love to bring both back, and will be damn pleased if we do, but such is life.

Off the top of my head, I'd resign Purcell (his chemistry with 4 is only gonna get better) and Lundin (kid got punched in the mouth by playoff hockey, but was playing reasonably steady the last two series) to multiyear deals, and give Smith and Roloson 1 year deals while we suss out the potential of the AHLers.

After mulling it over for a day or so, I'd also push hard for B. Richards w a mild hometown discount and cut Gagne loose - at his best, he was excellent, but looking at his body of work over the course of the year, he's on the wrong side of his peak and Brad is clearly the better option, even at a higher price. Let's get the band back together: imagine Richards centering 26 and 91 (good god that'd be sick) and Lecavalier with 16 and 9 (the great big yet-to-be exploited secret of our forwards corps, in my opinion, is how well 4 and 9 could play together if given some time). Better top 6, better power play, equally clutch playoff performers - gotta get Brad back.

If we don't, I'd be fine with another year of Gagne w hopes of a resurgence.
  #4  
Old 05-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Donnie D's Avatar
Donnie D Donnie D is online now
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sarasota
Posts: 4,149
Default

To recap:

UFAs:

Gagne
Bergenheim
Hall
Brewer
R Jones
Bergeron
Roloson
Smith

RFAs:
Stamkos
Purcell
Lundin
Smaby
B. Jones

I'd like to see them keep Bergenheim, but not at more than 1.5. Brewer is already making $4.2. I really can't see him getting much more than that so he may be able to be signed. Rolo, perhaps. The rest of the UFAs I can live without.

All of the RFAs come back except Smaby.
__________________
After 4/13 games - Magic Numbers - 2nd - clinched.
  #5  
Old 05-28-2011, 04:55 PM
RSchmitz's Avatar
RSchmitz RSchmitz is online now
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,160
Default

There is a lot less work needed compared to last season. But I think Yzerman is going to get very busy revamping the blueline and net, whether through free agency or trade.
  #6  
Old 05-28-2011, 05:46 PM
Bolts4Lyfe's Avatar
Bolts4Lyfe Bolts4Lyfe is offline
Old-Skool Assassin
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oldsmar, FL
Posts: 717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
Thread for all off-season news pertaining to the Bolts. I'll make a new one on July first and have an as updated list I can keep of incoming and outgoing players.

Let's get Stammer, Lundin, Teddy, and Thor a contract.

If they resign Roli I'd like to see them sign Fasth from overseas and guarantee him at the least the backup job. That way you have a trusted talent in net and a possible steal with him and no long term/high dollar contracts going into the last year of the CBA(if I'm remembering correctly the CBA expires next summer, please correct me if I'm wrong).
I couldn't agree more. I really want those guys back and honestly i want Fasth on the team as well. I'm sure Roloson will get another year, but i'm not Yzerman obviously so anything can happen.

Is there any news at all on Fasth yet?
  #7  
Old 05-28-2011, 05:49 PM
Bolts4Lyfe's Avatar
Bolts4Lyfe Bolts4Lyfe is offline
Old-Skool Assassin
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oldsmar, FL
Posts: 717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang View Post
Let's get the band back together: imagine Richards centering 26 and 91 (good god that'd be sick) and Lecavalier with 16 and 9 (the great big yet-to-be exploited secret of our forwards corps, in my opinion, is how well 4 and 9 could play together if given some time). Better top 6, better power play, equally clutch playoff performers - gotta get Brad back.
That would be INCREDIBLY sick
But, i've seen around the site that brad wants a boat load of money. Is that still true?
  #8  
Old 05-28-2011, 06:03 PM
Hoek's Avatar
Hoek Hoek is online now
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 10,707
Default

I would submit that nobody really knows what Brad wants. PEI Bolt may be the closest and he has suggested he wants to come back but that only goes so far when it comes to the business end.
  #9  
Old 05-28-2011, 06:18 PM
Bolts4Lyfe's Avatar
Bolts4Lyfe Bolts4Lyfe is offline
Old-Skool Assassin
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oldsmar, FL
Posts: 717
Default

Someone on the Tampa Bay Lightning Official Page said this

"Hockey Talk anyone? 'TSN Darren Dreger has reported (Brad) Richards will only waive his no-trade clause to play for the New York Rangers.' "
  #10  
Old 05-28-2011, 06:32 PM
Sotnos's Avatar
Sotnos Sotnos is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Port Richey, FL
Posts: 11,251
Send a message via AIM to Sotnos Send a message via Yahoo to Sotnos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts4Lyfe View Post
Someone on the Tampa Bay Lightning Official Page said this

"Hockey Talk anyone? 'TSN Darren Dreger has reported (Brad) Richards will only waive his no-trade clause to play for the New York Rangers.' "
Might be quoting something old, he's a UFA
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.