BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Janitor's Closet

Old 06-06-2011, 10:39 AM
BP Staff

Default Summer To-Do List?

Greetings loyal readers, contributors, designers, etc...

The staff is thinking of what could be added to a to-do list this summer for the site. While most will depend on Tim's availability, we'd still like to dream big.

What are some changes, additions, etc, you'd like to see at BP?

New member ranks is a given...

We've talked previously about a new logo ... were you happy with what came out of that? (I'll find it here in a second and post it)

Or would you like the faithful here to come up with a few more designs?

BP T-shirts were also thrown around as an option. Thoughts on that? Just a logo? Logo and member ranks?

This is your ship, we're just steering.

Last edited by chad; 06-06-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Cooper's Law

If possible a list of player rights that Tampa currently holds and their(estimated) expiration would be great.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Prospect videos(even to just re-host or links to youtube)

More of everything(articles, commentary, etc.)

Podcasts if your really pushing what you can do and time isn't a limit

I enjoy your mock drafts, even more in depth analysis the week of the draft

Flashchat is great, I prefer it to game day threads. However, I'm not sure I speak for others but when I am late or miss the game I like to read the comments of what happened. Wish we could somehow emphasis both.

More people
Old 06-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Send a message via AIM to Maverick9911

Quote:

Podcasts would be really neat, even if just once a month, but of course its all dependent upon availability and such. I wish I still had a radio show because I would so love to have a BP segment every now and then. Perhaps an experimental one to test the waters? A 2011 draft cast might be too short notice but maybe a season preview in the Fall might work.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick9911 View Post

Podcasts would be really neat, even if just once a month, but of course its all dependent upon availability and such. I wish I still had a radio show because I would so love to have a BP segment every now and then. Perhaps an experimental one to test the waters? A 2011 draft cast might be too short notice but maybe a season preview in the Fall might work.
If you could work something out with the organization to where a handful of the guys from the forum does a monthly prospect based podcast that they host on the main site that would be killer.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Johnny Shortside

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post

Flashchat is great, I prefer it to game day threads. However, I'm not sure I speak for others but when I am late or miss the game I like to read the comments of what happened. Wish we could somehow emphasis both.

More people
Agreed with all this, but about the flashchat the only way I could see that happening is with a log of the flashchat chat, which I dont think would work. Would lead to more filtering of the chat as it would be posted on the internet whereas I really like the random discussions etc that happen purely because it isn't on the internet for all to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
If possible a list of player rights that Tampa currently holds and their(estimated) expiration would be great.
Really like this idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
If you could work something out with the organization to where a handful of the guys from the forum does a monthly prospect based podcast that they host on the main site that would be killer.
That would be awesome.

In scouting reports I think NHL comparable would be a good add. I mean I can't speak for everyone but my viewings of all prospects whether they be drafted by us or just possibles for the next draft my viewing of them is extremely limited. On the other hand I get to watch quite a few NHL games and so an NHL comparable just gives me more of an idea of prospects than a scouting report alone.

BP t-shirts is a great idea.....as long as you ship internationally
Just the logo would probably be easier given the amount of different member ranks. Or maybe you hold a vote and pick a handful of different member ranks/phrases that could be put on the t-shirts, that way there is some variety but not too much.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post

More people
I agree with the above, too, especially with the Flashchat comment. Normally I record the games on DVR and watch them after the game rather than put up with all of the commercials and intermissions, but I still like to read everyone's opinions on certain situations that happened in the game.

ChaseSpace's suggestion I back as well (players' rights and estimated expiration).
Old 06-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I like the idea of prospect video links. Basically if you post whatever you find a little more often that would be neat.

A podcast would be pretty cool, though a lot more work, plus you gotta have a knack for it, like radio.

If there was some way we could get chat to work on iOS/Android devices and still be simple to use that would be great, but I can't think of an option that would incorporate the forum usernames like the current Flashchat does.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post

If there was some way we could get chat to work on iOS/Android devices and still be simple to use that would be great, but I can't think of an option that would incorporate the forum usernames like the current Flashchat does.
Quick Google search gave me this. I by no means understand what is being explained but I did understand that it's a source code that allows iphones/ipads to view and interact with a flash chat.

Also, for the podcast there could always be tryouts.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Dirt Liner

I second the chats accessible to iPad.