BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 01-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Cooper's Law

Not sure how I feel about the laces on the front. I'd rather not go down that road.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:59 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I really like the black. If they're going to blue for home jerseys then I hope a new, black 3rd is made.

Also.. no silver trim? I hope we don't end up looking like the Leafs.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:06 PM
The Constrictor

Send a message via AIM to Kowalski

I think if SFY had some input he probably wanted to simplify the color scheme a-la Detroit to make it look more classic. I think blue as the primary color on the home jerseys will look great. I'm guessing they may go with some horizontal stripes on the bottom. Maybe white and silver? If the black is going away, I'd like some silver to stay. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:07 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

I would be happy of they just made the current 3rd jersey our actual home jersey...
Old 01-24-2011, 09:41 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
The primary colors apparently will be blue (close to what is used now with the third jersey) and white. Sounds as if the color black, which has been the team's prominent color, and the silver trim will be gone. The logo on the home jerseys is expected to be just a prominent lightning bolt without the words Tampa Bay that are used now. The road jerseys are expected to have the lightning bolt and the words Tampa Bay, though no immediate word on how the design will look. It is believed there also will be the classic strings at the front of the collar.
Quote:

It also is unclear whether the third jersey will be retained as its color is believed to be so close to that of the home, dark jersey.
Man, what a bombshell! No black??!? No silver?!?!? Sorry but I'm permanently held back in Old School crammed into a tiny desk with the inkwell hole when it comes to changing colors. The colors are your identity more than your name, logo, sweater & socks design or anything else. Can you imagine the Bruins skating in orange, white and blue, or the Habs taking the ice in green & burgundy or some shit? It looks incredibly stupid to me when teams do this, though I make an exception for the Yotes since they never had a color scheme to start with and what they did have was butt-ugly. Sharks added a bit of orange, it looks cool but unnecessary.

Looks like blue is the new black, which studies show is the #1 selling color in sports merchandise bar none. Turds, Trash, Lanche, Pens, now Bolts...OK by me since it's my favorite color, but Bolts in black has been a league mainstay for too many years to stop now. They should retain some black & silver on there for continuity IMO
Old 01-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Cooper's Law

Or the Bucs in anything but Orange?
Old 01-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Or the Rays in anything but.. well whatever that weird rainbow crap they had going on in the logo.. or sea green...
Old 01-24-2011, 12:10 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

So long as they aren't (Phoenix) Coyote ugly, I really don't care. But, the next jersey I buy for any team/any sport will be the first.