BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 01-17-2011, 11:07 PM
WaiverWire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowalski View Post
I think you may see something with a little more pizazz. If you look at the changes that the San Diego Chargers went with going with a little bit brighter colors and stuff. Maybe bring a little more yellow into the jerseys to brighten them up. Honestly I love the color scheme on the 3rd and if you removed the "BOLTS" and just slapped a Lightning logo minus the "Tampa Bay" from it I think it would look great. I think shifting more to like silver and gold with black and white being the trim colors could make it more interesting. When you think of Lightning you think of silver and gold, not black and white. Maybe something more like the silver base of Nashville's silver jersey but with some black and gold mixed in. Take out the "Tampa Bay" from the logo too. There are nearly unlimited possibilities. I'm excited.
Problem is that more than likely the Lightning have very little to say. I remember when the Seattle Sonics wanted to change their "S". Not one of their designs were approved by the NBA. Instead they got a box with 3 dozen hats with a new green color and a new "S" on the front from New York. The owner's reaction to that suggestion was to give the box and hats to my brother in law, I still have 2 of the hats. The next season the NBA changed the green color and the "S" to the exact design of the hat. Owner sold a few years later.

All leagues need to stay out of these decisions and allow tradition a chance to grow.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
And where is that from?
Someone's terrible imagination.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:25 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

They have to add some waist stripes. All the NHL jerseys that don't have them look like ass. Nothing like wearing long sleeved T-shirts at a hockey game.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:54 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Oh okay I get what you mean now, WW. Management has definitely gone down the tubes as people go for gimmicky changes over real leadership.
I don't know if you could call it gimmickry, more change just for the sake of change to put the new guys "brand" on the product or organization. Otherwise, if the new management has more success than the previous one with the same parts and methods as the previous, he will be derided for success with the predecessors structure and never given the proper credit due.

See: Jon Gruden.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:16 AM
The Constrictor

With the new ownership/management group taking pride in our past accomplishments (pictures from the cup year in the locker room, etc.) maybe we are going back to the old school jerseys, or something similar? I wouldn't mind that.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:29 AM
BP Staff

I didn't really have an opinion until I saw Wiemer's jersey there. It brought back great memories. I don't like the new logo, and I really wasn't crazy about the old logo either. I'm with Avery. Make the shoulder patch the main logo - it's been around forever and can stand the test of time. Maybe with the old number style? Or didn't they have to change them because PBP guys couldn't read the numbers?
Old 01-18-2011, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad View Post
Or didn't they have to change them because PBP guys couldn't read the numbers?
That was the complaint, reportedly.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Default Some options out there... teehee..

Here's some more options for you...

or here's one...

Or this one here...

And another....

yet another idea...

I like that idea about using the shoulder logo. It's been there from the start (but this UGLY one)so why not blow that up and put it on the front? We don't need Tampa Bay Lightning with it when you stick the actual bolt on the front. Although for a 3rd jersey I'd love to seen one with Tampa Bay on the front diagonal old school like...
Here's my version (think in 96) trying my hand at art... A bit radical! lol
Old 01-18-2011, 09:58 AM
WaiverWire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goboltz56 View Post
With the new ownership/management group taking pride in our past accomplishments (pictures from the cup year in the locker room, etc.) maybe we are going back to the old school jerseys, or something similar? I wouldn't mind that.
No, when you create a new uniform you will generate new and increase sale numbers as everyone will want to be "in" with the new.

This is nothing more than a sales gimmick generated by New York.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:59 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleFreadrich43 View Post
Remember back in the day, when the Lightning actually had RIVALRIES???? Even as bad teams, they had solid rivalries. There's not even a sniff of a rivalry between Tampa Bay and their interstate cohabitant Panthers. There's not even a clue of one between Tampa Bay and Carolina or Atlanta. There's a possible one with Washington, but outside of that, even the one with Philadelphia has died down.
How does the League promote/generate a rivalry? Maybe I'm not thinking of something obvious, but aren't rivalries started by the players/coaches/fans?