BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 01-17-2011, 09:42 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I don't think its a younger people thing. Most of us hate the constant changes too.

It's a marketing/merchandise thing. Gotta make people buy new crap.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:51 PM
WaiverWire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
I don't think its a younger people thing. Most of us hate the constant changes too.

It's a marketing/merchandise thing. Gotta make people buy new crap.
What I mean by that is those in charge of private and or public businesses. In law enforcement we had those that wanted to change uniforms, car decals and even the way we handcuffed. It was as if they wanted to make a name or show those in charge they were doing something.

I bet they trained me 20 different times how to handcuff someone over 31 years, and the last class I took, and this is the truth, I was shown how to handcuff someone they exact same way I was taught in my first ever class and the instructor claimed it was a new technique

I'm sure the NHL has a department that keep submitting these chances so they can still have a job.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:58 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Exactly, it's all about marketing, nothing about tradition.

But that's just one of the things that wonderful prick Bettman has installed in the "new" NHL.

Another for instance, and this may go back a bit for some of you. Remember back in the day, when the Lightning actually had RIVALRIES???? Even as bad teams, they had solid rivalries. There's not even a sniff of a rivalry between Tampa Bay and their interstate cohabitant Panthers. There's not even a clue of one between Tampa Bay and Carolina or Atlanta. There's a possible one with Washington, but outside of that, even the one with Philadelphia has died down.

But it's just not Tampa Bay. I remember when the Bruins and Canadiens or Islanders and Rangers, or Oilers and Flames, or Blackhawks and Red Wings, all use to be rivalries EVERY time they met, now? in today's game, you don't get jack shit. Especially on the live national broadcasts, where the announcers try to fabricate a game "story" for those watching at home.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:04 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Oh okay I get what you mean now, WW. Management has definitely gone down the tubes as people go for gimmicky changes over real leadership.

Well who knows.. maybe this "change" is merely a change back to tradition. That would be a world class move.. Then again Leiweke presided over the Seahawks change. I just really hope they don't go to the bland crap that's being pushed in 3rds around the league in that stupid trend (blue, circle fake old timey logo, boring stripes).

Next season is the 20th, so it would be perfect timing to turn the clock back again.

Last edited by Hoek; 01-17-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:30 PM
The Constrictor

Send a message via AIM to Kowalski

I think you may see something with a little more pizazz. If you look at the changes that the San Diego Chargers went with going with a little bit brighter colors and stuff. Maybe bring a little more yellow into the jerseys to brighten them up. Honestly I love the color scheme on the 3rd and if you removed the "BOLTS" and just slapped a Lightning logo minus the "Tampa Bay" from it I think it would look great. I think shifting more to like silver and gold with black and white being the trim colors could make it more interesting. When you think of Lightning you think of silver and gold, not black and white. Maybe something more like the silver base of Nashville's silver jersey but with some black and gold mixed in. Take out the "Tampa Bay" from the logo too. There are nearly unlimited possibilities. I'm excited.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:33 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
I say get rid of the last two remaining words on the crest and it's all good (though I have gotten used to the "Tampa Bay" on them). I personally like the all black homes and hope they don't ruin it by bringing back a lot of stripes or piping.

I've always wanted this shoulder patch to be the main crest, past lightning bolt style and present.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

I hope they don't do more than tweak it, when I look at the old ones vs the new, the new are much better (though I don't own one yet).

It does stink of cash grab, the new ones are what? 2-3 years old?
Old 01-17-2011, 10:57 PM
Cooper's Law

Someone on HFBoards posted this
Old 01-17-2011, 11:00 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
Someone on HFBoards posted this
The whites look too much like Kings jerseys
Old 01-17-2011, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

And where is that from?