BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > The Draft

Old 06-25-2010, 12:05 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Would probably take 13, 22 and 52 for 6 and 66.

After the draft, the crowd can head over to Hollywood Park for racing and a free concert from the immortal Flock of Seagulls
Old 06-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTLightning26 View Post

After the draft, the crowd can head over to Hollywood Park for racing and a free concert from the immortal Flock of Seagulls
Think that I will pass on that.

Should be an interesting draft. I am heading out towards Staples before 1 pm. They have some events across the street. Then, at 2, they are letting people in and they will have the Stanley Cup and other trophies on display. It's going to be a good time. I didn't print up a prospects list, hopefully they will have something there.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Loved hanging out at the draft (both days) when it was here in Nashville the year Feaster traded down and snagged Egener and Smaby and traded for Cory Stillman.

I wish I could attend every draft.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:19 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

I'd definitely like to attend one some day, though the JLA probably won't see one soon. Build the new arena, Illitch!
Old 06-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTLightning26 View Post
Would probably take 13, 22 and 52 for 6 and 66.
I'm pretty sure that player PHX has their eye on is Jack Campbell. I like moving the #6 and #66 for that package of the three picks -- with big downside that the #13 is probably outside getting Johansen, Connolly, or Nino. Best case scenario, you might get either Skinner or Granlund. Not bad... but both of those guys could be gone by #13 and you're stuck with Forbert or taking a chance on a Tarasenko or Burmistrov.

#13 is just a little low for me -- I think you'd need to be more of a gambler GM like Snow or Dudley to do it, and I think Yzerman's a bit too conservative to trade down that far. Sounds like Yzerman has a hard spot for Johansen and he'll let ATL deal off the #8 instead.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:25 PM
BP Staff

I told you guys, no one's been talking about Johansen, but he's the guy I've been thinking we'd pick.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:12 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default johansen

Pete do you think Johansen would be ready to join the big club or would he have to go to his junior team or to Norfolk?
Old 06-25-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
I'm pretty sure that player PHX has their eye on is Jack Campbell. I like moving the #6 and #66 for that package of the three picks -- with big downside that the #13 is probably outside getting Johansen, Connolly, or Nino. Best case scenario, you might get either Skinner or Granlund. Not bad... but both of those guys could be gone by #13 and you're stuck with Forbert or taking a chance on a Tarasenko or Burmistrov.

#13 is just a little low for me -- I think you'd need to be more of a gambler GM like Snow or Dudley to do it, and I think Yzerman's a bit too conservative to trade down that far. Sounds like Yzerman has a hard spot for Johansen and he'll let ATL deal off the #8 instead.
right and Yzerman said he could move down, but not too far..
Old 06-25-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
I told you guys, no one's been talking about Johansen, but he's the guy I've been thinking we'd pick.
It might just come down to Gormley or Johansen -- whoever is left..
Old 06-25-2010, 01:18 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
Pete do you think Johansen would be ready to join the big club or would he have to go to his junior team or to Norfolk?
I'm not Pete, but no question he goes back. SY said yesterday this pick won't be in the NHL next season and could be 2-3 years away (TIMES).