BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > The Draft

Old 04-14-2010, 12:36 AM
Captain Poke Check

Hmm. Who is nhl ready for our lineup and where could they fit at the 6th pick? If I had anything I'd love 4 RW's/marty's(non-drafted types)......anybody?
Old 04-14-2010, 01:29 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
Some say Gudbranson is NHL ready.
Really? I thought Gudbranson was supposed to be raw
Old 04-14-2010, 07:17 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

[thought we already had a thread about the 2010 Draft Lottery]
Old 04-14-2010, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post

Now that it's done, it's getting moved anyway
Old 04-14-2010, 08:38 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_haas View Post
Hall has some old fashioned DSL
DSL can stand for a few different things. Does the 'L' stand for 'lips'?
Old 04-14-2010, 09:26 AM
BP Staff

Gudbranson already has NHL size, skating, and maturity. His shot is also heavy. Very, very mature kid. Great leader. One outlet compared him to Pronger, but he'll actually fight. His younger brother is about to be considered clear of cancer - great story.

His numbers "should" be better with Kingston. I know he didn't get a lot of PP time last year, but that should have changed this year.

He's a can't-miss kid. I'd be very surprised if he made it to Pick 5, let alone 6.

Nino to Bobby Ryan is a much better comparison than the one on NHL.com to Eric Cole. Nino will hunt you down and hit you and get his nose continually dirty. As we've talked about, he also has the "it" factor going. He scored again last night - Portland is now done.

Connolly may have the highest ceiling of all of them past the first 2, but so, so many questionmarks.

I like Pysyk. A do-everything righty shot on a horrid team. Mike Green played for a pathetic Saskatoon team when he was drafted and it raised a few eyebrows. That NHL.com article compared Pysyk to Duncan Keith. I'm sorry, but if you're going to do that, then you can't have him that low. Keith is a stud.

Forbort seems to be moving up and I wouldn't be surprised if we took him, but as was mentioned, he's a lefty.

I don't know if anyone outside of Gudbranson would be a candidate to play next year in the NHL. With Nino, because he's a Euro, he could play with Norfolk and at least work his way up.

Connolly will go back to an awful Prince George team.

I was watching Portland highlights the other night and Johansen was everywhere. He's a nice looking prospect. I don't like the Spezza comparison because I can't stand Spezza, so I'm biased. I think the only way they take a C though is if they plan on moving Lecavalier and want to build down the middle with Stamkos-2nd line C. He'd be a good fit there. I don't think he has the upside to take and make it worthwhile to move him or Stamkos to wing. I'd rather have Nino there and surround Stamkos and Lecavalier with as many options as possible moving forward. Nino, Ashton, Tyrell, Panik will all hit you. Fadden and Hutchings have very, very high hockey IQs and can skate. That's a good bunch. The D corps is weak, but I don't know if a dman at 6 is worth taking at 6.

Speaking of C, I still would like to see them draft a big, physical, 2-way player to use as a No.3 center. I just don't know if Wright is physical enough. Smart enough, sure, but I'd like to see someone more physical there. Perhaps with one of our thirds.

Last edited by chad; 04-14-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:42 AM
BP Staff

Nino wouldn't be able to go to Norfolk because, although he's European, he's being drafted off a CHL club. Your nationality isn't what does it, it's the club you're on.

Pysyk's supposed to be a tin man in the heart department. The more I research these guys, the more I think Gudbranson would be the only smart fit in Tampa Bay, if they go for a d-man.

Red Line believes 5 years from now Forbort might be the best d-man from this draft class.

I'd like to see them find a way to get back into the late 1st and get a guy like Dylan McIlrath to address the defense. Ultimately, the late 1st and 2nd round is supposed to be populated with a lot of decent defensemen projects. That's why I think it's important for the Lightning to get another pick in that range.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:48 AM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Nino wouldn't be able to go to Norfolk because, although he's European, he's being drafted off a CHL club. Your nationality isn't what does it, it's the club you're on.
Ah, yes... I was still thinking about Panik coming out of the OHL "early," but he was drafted out of Slovakia. I sit corrected.

I guess TB could use a third to jump up a couple spots to get Gudbranson, but they'd absolutely have to love him and see few other chances for future D help. I don't see that happening - not that it was suggested.

Hopefully whoever is in charge pops in the WJC tape on Nino the day before the draft.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:50 AM
Johnny Shortside

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBFANATIC View Post
Really? I thought Gudbranson was supposed to be raw
I've heard this as well
Old 04-14-2010, 09:50 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
My bad top shelf didn't see yours