BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > The Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-07-2010, 08:11 AM
Top Shelf's Avatar
Top Shelf Top Shelf is offline
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,338
Smile 2010 NHL Draft Lottery Thread

Just for the hell of it.

Other than replays of any more goals scored by Steven 5tamk0s, the 2010 NHL Draft Lottery will be the next televised hockey event of interest to Lightning fans. The Annual Tampa Bay Hockey Highlight of Spring, the draft lottery will be televised again this year on CBC and Versus at 8 pm ET on Tues. April 13.

Odds of Winning the First Overall Pick
48.2% - Edmonton
18.8% - 29th place finisher (we're only two points "behind" the Leafs for this spot!)
14.2% - 28th place
10.7% - 27th
8.1% - 26th

Since I know next to nothing about the available prospects I thought this might be a good spot for those in the know to post info about them, who we want, who should be available at #2-3, etc. Even though it may not look like there's much difference between 14.2 and 18.8 percent, the odds of picking first in 29th spot are about 32% better than in 28th.

Go Leafs Go (boy that hurt to type)
Go Stamkos!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-07-2010, 08:13 AM
RSchmitz's Avatar
RSchmitz RSchmitz is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,495
Default

One small correction. Techinically, we are 3 pts behind Toronto because we hold the tie breaker.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-07-2010, 08:16 AM
Top Shelf's Avatar
Top Shelf Top Shelf is offline
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBFANATIC View Post
One small correction. Techinically, we are 3 pts behind Toronto because we hold the tie breaker.
Thanks. Nonetheless I think we can get the job done.

BOTTOM FEEDER WATCH as of right now:
EDM - 58 pts.
TOR - 72
TBL - 74
FLA - 74
CBJ - 78
CAR - 78
NYI - 78

Three teams locked in a dead heat for the final ping-pong ball...who needs playoff action when you have this kind of excitement

Last edited by Top Shelf; 04-08-2010 at 08:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Sotnos's Avatar
Sotnos Sotnos is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Port Richey, FL
Posts: 11,460
Default

An embarrassment to once again be worrying about this.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-07-2010, 08:39 AM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,119
Default

If Toronto loses their next game, they've locked up 2nd worst place. Florida and the Islanders need d-men and they have extra 2nd round picks. I'm not sold on Fowler or any of the other d-men in this class. I'd seriously advocate trading down to pick up an extra second and then taking Niederreiter or Connolly.

That means selling the rest of the league hard that we love Fowler from now up until the draft.
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2014-2015: 8
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-07-2010, 08:53 AM
timothy's Avatar
timothy timothy is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nashville
Posts: 7,414
Send a message via Yahoo to timothy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
If Toronto loses their next game, they've locked up 2nd worst place. Florida and the Islanders need d-men and they have extra 2nd round picks. I'm not sold on Fowler or any of the other d-men in this class. I'd seriously advocate trading down to pick up an extra second and then taking Niederreiter or Connolly.

That means selling the rest of the league hard that we love Fowler from now up until the draft.
Perfect strategy... unless of course the hockey gods pay us back for svitoving us in 2001.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-07-2010, 09:39 AM
Dman21's Avatar
Dman21 Dman21 is offline
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 732
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
An embarrassment to once again be worrying about this.
I couldn't agree with you more. This is down right pathetic that we have another year of wondering (or is it hoping) that we will get to pick in the top three again.
__________________
"It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not." - Andre Gide
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-07-2010, 09:41 AM
timothy's Avatar
timothy timothy is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nashville
Posts: 7,414
Send a message via Yahoo to timothy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman21 View Post
I couldn't agree with you more. This is down right pathetic that we have another year of wondering (or is it hoping) that we will get to pick in the top three again.
Buck up fellow Bolt fans... go watch a LA Kings game. Years of getting high draft picks eventually pays off.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Dman21's Avatar
Dman21 Dman21 is offline
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 732
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
Buck up fellow Bolt fans... go watch a LA Kings game. Years of getting high draft picks eventually pays off.
The glass half full philosophy. I will try to remember that as I am beating my head against the wall in frustration watching the last three games.
__________________
"It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not." - Andre Gide
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-07-2010, 10:02 AM
timothy's Avatar
timothy timothy is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nashville
Posts: 7,414
Send a message via Yahoo to timothy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman21 View Post
The glass half full philosophy. I will try to remember that as I am beating my head against the wall in frustration watching the last three games.
Hey... I'm just talking out loud what I keep repeating to myself as I bang my head.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.