BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 11-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Sotnos Send a message via Yahoo to Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Brought to you by the same people who support Don't Ask Don't Tell!

No More Muslims in the U.S. Military

Ahh.. good ol' American family values!

It needs to be said again I guess, this has nothing to do with background & everything to do with having a screw loose. Normal people don't do things like this, period.

Quote:
It's time we all got over the nonsense that all cultures and religions are equally valid or worthy. They most certainly are not. While Christianity is a religion of peace, founded by the Prince of Peace, Islam is a religion of war and violence, founded by a man who routinely chopped the heads off his enemies, had sex with nine-year old girls, and made his wealth plundering merchant caravans.
Is this guy for real? Not much of a history buff, I suppose.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:50 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
Not sure I really buy it completely though, reading the other articles on Fox there's a lot of weird hearsay in them trying to paint the Muslim=bad picture.
Nooooo...Fair and balanced Fox?
Old 11-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Johnny Shortside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post

It needs to be said again I guess, this has nothing to do with background & everything to do with having a screw loose. Normal people don't do things like this, period.

Is this guy for real? Not much of a history buff, I suppose.
Agreed, the crusades say hi

And this is why being an atheist makes everything so much easier.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
Agreed, the crusades say hi
Slavery popped in for a bit, too, just to say hello.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Johnny Shortside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery86 View Post
Slavery popped in for a bit, too, just to say hello.
Cant really pin that all on christians though can you? Slavery was worldwide.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBolt View Post
Leave it to Fox News to go rooting around for the "Muslim who hates America" angle.

Rooting around...yes, those dots are tough to connect, good thing we got the geniuses at Fox to do it for us. We can't go around accusing every Army officer with an Arabic name who heaps praise on suicide bombers, communicates with a jihadist imam and routinely exhorts his fellow soldiers to fight the aggressor (that's US), then turns around and shoots dozens of American servicepeople while shouting "Allahu akbar!" of being a muslim who hates America. How goofy could anyone be to think so? Word is, people became suspicious of his hyper-islamism and anti-military remarks, became concerned about potential random acts of violence against innocent people--guess Hasan sure showed them how silly those concerns were!

History 2.0: Centuries ago, the Crusades happened FIRST; and THEN in justified retaliation, Muslims began marauding across Africa, Asia and Europe on a murderous rampage, subjugating country after country to islamic law at the point of a sword. Not the other way around! If your history books say otherwise, you must burn them. Must get the history backward--just keep saying it until it makes sense. (For more info read Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 and Orwell's 1984.)

So, it's not Hasan's fault this happened. He's the purely innocent victim. It's those people who razzed him, it's our anti-muslim society in general, and that evil Fox News that are to blame. *sigh* When will the govt. get with it and ban them, to protect us

Last edited by Top Shelf; 11-11-2009 at 09:53 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
Cant really pin that all on christians though can you? Slavery was worldwide.
No, of course not. But any religion that used the Bible as "proof" that slavery is A-OK by God had some major issues. I'm specifically referring to the Deep South leading up to and just after the Civil War.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Quote:
No, of course not. But any religion that used the Bible as "proof" that slavery is A-OK by God had some major issues. I'm specifically referring to the Deep South leading up to and just after the Civil War.
Let's be clear.

There's a difference between orthodox teachings and heretical teachings. Heretical teachings/doctrine/dogma is not really Christianity at all, but in reality some perverse religion of its own, despite "sharing" the same name with orthodoxy.

The problem, of course, is that "outsiders" usually can't tell the difference between heresy and orthodoxy when the label is the same, and the orthodox get a bad rep. Faith believes that truth triumphs and heretical and false teachings will come to an end -- as did the teaching of "Bible-supported" slavery.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:06 PM
Cooper's Law

My apologies, Tim. I should have made myself clear. What you said is what I was getting at.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Johnny Shortside

Quote:
We dont really get taught much about the US civil war in the UK, much like I assume they dont teach about the UK civil war in the States.