BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 06-23-2009, 03:23 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
Did anyone listen to 620 this afternoon? Seems Duemig opened with the other side of the story. I heard the last few seconds, but it seems he has blaming LB for a lot of the things going on. Maybe even something about LB being cash strapped.

Good thing this was announced about the time his program started so he knows which ass to kiss.

I guess Bettman accomplished his goal - the Tampa Bay Lightning are now officially the farm system for the Canadian and Russian teams.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

I heard it was pretty wild but didn't hear it. They archive most (or maybe all) of his intros now.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:26 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
4 seasons, minimum. That's how long it'll take Hedman to start to reach his full potential, and you're really hurting Stamkos by trading Lecavalier because now teams will put their undivided attention toward Stammer's line. No, it will be bad. It will be very, very bad, especially because everyone and their brother now knows the Lightning are interested in dumping Vinny's salary, which means they won't get a fair return for him.

Believe me when I say this to you: if Oren Koules pushes Vincent Lecavalier out of Tampa by week's end, it will be half a decade of misery that will follow and the fan base will never, ever forgive him.
Ditto, unless its a miraculous trade, which would be hard to envision
Old 06-23-2009, 03:26 PM
Rick Dudley's Hairpiece

i'm listening to 620, and duemig claims Barrie has not put any money in the team.

Also, duemig is going to the draft. he will be broadcasting live from the bell centre thursday and friday. apparently, he expects to have koules, the hair, rick peckham and others.

Last edited by steelcable97; 06-23-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Did anyone listen to 620 this afternoon? Seems Duemig opened with the other side of the story. I heard the last few seconds, but it seems he has blaming LB for a lot of the things going on. Maybe even something about LB being cash strapped.

Guess we do not have to worry about LB's kid being drafted by us.
You know, im still wondering if Romano has this backwards.
Duemig has said "Im done with the Lightning if they trade Vinny lecavalier"
Old 06-23-2009, 03:31 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
True... but you already have guys like Wishart and Lashoff developing nicely. I don't think Hedman has to play big minutes for a while.
Forward is a different story, true. Hard to say what Vinny gets in a trade now... but a bidding war could happen if word gets out that Vinny is going to be traded for sure.
For guys like Ranger and Lashoff to be playing an appropriate amount of minutes, we need a true #1 like Hedman when he develops.

I doubt an open bidding war really happens for Vinny given the size and length of his contract and that it's now obvious that if he's dealt it will be as a salary dump. And, like I said, if Vinny goes you can kiss goodbye any chance of Stammer scoring 40 goals this season. Won't happen if he gets the other team's 100% undivided attention.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:32 PM
Mighty Mite

Duemig is a retard, for the record.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:05 PM
WaiverWire

He may be, but sometimes he has some good stuff. And if he is saying the LB was placed no money into the team it could very well be true. I have had people tell me that LB can't sell anything Iain his investment property and the group that wanted to buy has backed out. Seems LB may be the one hurting for the cash as his investment in the property is now worth about half of what it was. Maybe that is why he is trying to roll the dice, to make some quick bucks if the Bolts can get back into the play-offs. Could that this is also why OK has been holding all of the important title jobs.

UPDATE:

Duemig just said that the meeting was to set LB straight as to who was in charge. Seems LB has been trying to make some deals without telling anyone. OK was saying hold off as LB still has not placed his share of the money in the pot that was required when they got the team. LB was to use the money he was getting from the sale of the property, but that has fallen through and thus OK has carried most of the costs. Guess this is why they needed PS&E to restructure the note. All makes some sense now.

Last edited by WaiverWire; 06-23-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcable97 View Post
i'm listening to 620, and duemig claims Barrie has not put any money in the team.
Quote:
UPDATE:

Duemig just said that the meeting was to set LB straight as to who was in charge. Seems LB has been trying to make some deals without telling anyone. OK was saying hold off as LB still has not placed his share of the money in the pot that was required when they got the team. LB was to use the money he was getting from the sale of the property, but that has fallen through and thus OK has carried most of the costs. Guess this is why they needed PS&E to restructure the note. All makes some sense now.
Why's his name on the team if he never put a dime in? I am not buying this, there must be more to it.

And wth, could it be any more obvious that Duemig's been bought by OK to be his mouthpiece? I imagine in a few days he'll be on board with trading Vinny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
I doubt an open bidding war really happens for Vinny given the size and length of his contract and that it's now obvious that if he's dealt it will be as a salary dump.
Same here. Enough with the dream scenarios you're posting folks.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:40 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default 35

I just got my allowance for the week and can pony up 35 to buy the Bolts. I like the idea of Chad as GM, Pete and Tim in charge of scouting and handling player development. No insults intended to anyone with that comment by the way. But You 3 could do much much better than the current administration.