BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 06-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Send a message via AIM to njbolt12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTLightning26 View Post
you know, stop jumping to conclusions.
Balsille has never been mentioned....cripes.
I think he was only speculating, but it's hard to think Bald-silly wouldn't want to move this roster into Hamilton as opposed to the 'Yotes. Although if our retarded ownership has its way this team is going to look a lot like it did in 1993...
Old 06-23-2009, 09:32 PM
WaiverWire

Well if we stop and think about this for a minute maybe we can make some sense out of what is happening and why.

When the team sold we had 3 groups making up the ownership, OK, LB and a the last group that was local and just tossing in about 10 mil I think. That leaves OK and LB kicking in 45 mil or so each. Now if LB was expected to pay when he sold BM then he, and the team, have a serious problem with money. It is no wonder OK is cutting payroll and looking for other investors. It now makes sense.

Would not surprise me that the trust rewrote the note in order for OK to be able to handle the payments, since LB had no money.

OMG, first we had Phil and the Duke, then the owner who will still do not know to this day if he was for real or not, the Malloofs, to a circus clown to this.

If the accusations about LB are true, then I am willing to let OK try and right the ship. After all, what else can we do???
Old 06-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbolt12 View Post
Although if our retarded ownership has its way this team is going to look a lot like it did in 1993...
Excuse me sir... but the 1993 team would have mopped the floor with the 1998 and 1999 teams.

The thing is that I might be able to fight through it all if we hadn't already seen a team basically give up on competing and subjugate everything to making money, like we did with the Bucs for 10 years. You could make a case that the Bucs are doing that again because of their ManU debt, and as a result I don't really have much interest in them either right now. Trying to win and failing, OK I can stick with that. Not even trying, I have better things to do.

Last edited by TexasBolt; 06-23-2009 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default problem

the problem is that this ownership has shown it is very lax about telling the truth, while i do not expect 100%, 90% would be nice. You always knew where jay stood even if you disagreed with him, with OK?Barrie/slizzard you just don't know what the truth is or if they know what the truth is, thus the fans have a developed a healthy scepticism about what they say and or want to do. Sure right the ship and get it sailing in the right direction, but at least be honest about what you want to do. If this ownership group had been at least somewhat honest with us to begin with, then while we might be mad about trading VL4 we would analyze and evaluate the return and then make a decision on the deal and its impact on the team. these guys really need a PR firm to handle them and show them what they need to do to keep the fans. Many writers have complimented the core of loyal fans here and that our market has shown that Hockey can thrive in the south, but these guys are going to drive us away,
Old 06-23-2009, 09:56 PM
Brian Bradley's Pimp Blazer

What has only been lightly mentioned here is what happens if the paper is right and OK wants to be at the floor. With a salary cap projected at $55 million the floor would be $39 million. Last year the Bolts salary total was $49,632,384 and the league lowest was the LA Kings at $42,607,108. So to shave salary to get near the floor would require the losing of $8 to $10 million dollars. Now with the loss of that much salary it would not only make us the lowest salary team but would require the dumping of some significant salary.

The way I see it the only way to hit $40 is dumping Vinny, Malone and Prospal for as little MONETARY return as possible. (Lots of draft picks and minor league contracts.) With this much of a dump, how long before MSL wants out. If I remember correctly, didn't he once criticize the idea of a salary floor team and stated he would want out if that happens?
Old 06-23-2009, 10:12 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
=WaiverWire;43575

If the accusations about LB are true, then I am willing to let OK try and right the ship. After all, what else can we do???
i am if he doesn't GUT the team

Last edited by CTLightning26; 06-23-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Send a message via AIM to njbolt12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBolt View Post
Excuse me sir... but the 1993 team would have mopped the floor with the 1998 and 1999 teams.
Very true, but the point I was making was that with a $40m payroll this team's roster will look like like that of an expansion team's... a bunch of castoffs and tweeners cobbled together with the hope of being competitive.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Puppa Scoopah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTLightning26 View Post
you know, stop jumping to conclusions.
Balsille has never been mentioned....cripes.
Pure speculation, so piss off and ignore or don't respond.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Puppa Scoopah

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbolt12 View Post
I think he was only speculating, but it's hard to think Bald-silly wouldn't want to move this roster into Hamilton as opposed to the 'Yotes. Although if our retarded ownership has its way this team is going to look a lot like it did in 1993...
Glad to see someone understands.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Steve Ludzik's Leisure Suit Vest

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
The problem is that the ship appears to be the Titanic and with each and every passing day, these assclowns steer it closer and closer to the iceberg, all while bitching over who is going to re-arrange the deck chairs.