BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 07-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Purcell was overpaid, but if we don't have Palat and TJ and Drouin and Killorn and Kucherov and Connolly and Panik and Brown and Namestnikov, Purcell sticks around. Therefore he was pushed out. Same can be said of Brewer, if we had Trouba and Rielly and Reinhart and a slew of organizational depth on defense.

Don't undervalue what Purcell brings to a team lacking offense. Just because he was overpaid doesn't mean he is useless.
Well when a team that without Stamkos needed a guy a like Purcell to step up, he went stepping backwards. Understood that our young guys made him expendable, but only b/c Teddy's play allowed that to happen. When Stammer was hurt Teddy went invisible on the scoresheet (and more often than not on the ice as well), and for a player that offers very little other than points along with his salary I'm a little surprised you or anyone places that blame on Yzerman. Teddy worked his way to the 4th line and as such we received an equivalent return
Old 07-01-2014, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by uf1910 View Post
Well when a team that without Stamkos needed a guy a like Purcell to step up, he went stepping backwards. Understood that our young guys made him expendable, but only b/c Teddy's play allowed that to happen. When Stammer was hurt Teddy went invisible on the scoresheet (and more often than not on the ice as well), and for a player that offers very little other than points along with his salary I'm a little surprised you or anyone places that blame on Yzerman. Teddy worked his way to the 4th line and as such we received an equivalent return
^^All of this. I can't believe someone's sticking up for Purcell's recent play here or saying Yzerman played this wrong. Maybe I'm misinterpreting.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:00 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default Good

I like your idea of pursuing Mitchell and trading Carle Bolthed... I don't hate Carle just think he is overpaid for what he can do.