BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-18-2014, 12:42 PM
Derek28 Derek28 is offline
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,665
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Zo View Post
Jordin Tootoo would be worth a look if you were the GM of an LNAH team.
Because a guy that has consistently put up 15-20 points a year while playing a physical 4th line role isn't useful? He's better then Crombeen (then again so is a lot of players)
  #22  
Old 06-18-2014, 02:40 PM
Donnie D's Avatar
Donnie D Donnie D is offline
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sarasota
Posts: 4,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
Garth Snow now shopping Boyle's rights to re-trade as he cannot sign
If he is really asking for $10 million over 2 years, I can see why.
__________________
“How do you know if you've got a good mechanic? By the size of his boat.” - Tom Magliozzi
  #23  
Old 06-18-2014, 04:08 PM
uf1910 uf1910 is offline
Phil Esposito's Soninlawov
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
If he is really asking for $10 million over 2 years, I can see why.
I saw that's what the Isles offered. Boyle didn't sign b/c he wants to play for a contender. His agent spoke highly of Snow and "gave Dan alot to think about"

I'll see if I can find the tweets
  #24  
Old 06-18-2014, 05:35 PM
timothy's Avatar
timothy timothy is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nashville
Posts: 7,445
Send a message via Yahoo to timothy
Default

Wow... BOS cap overage approaching $5M at $4.75m. Bolts estimated cap overage to be about $300k.
  #25  
Old 06-18-2014, 05:56 PM
RSchmitz's Avatar
RSchmitz RSchmitz is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,538
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
If he is really asking for $10 million over 2 years, I can see why.
I wonder if Boyle would sign a 1 year deal @ 5 million to play for a contender
  #26  
Old 06-19-2014, 10:24 AM
uf1910 uf1910 is offline
Phil Esposito's Soninlawov
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
Wow... BOS cap overage approaching $5M at $4.75m. Bolts estimated cap overage to be about $300k.
Is the Bolts overage after our LTIR relief for Lee and Ohlund? I'm surprised we went over by any amount given that we had over $4.7M in "extra" space
  #27  
Old 06-19-2014, 11:07 AM
WaiverWire's Avatar
WaiverWire WaiverWire is offline
Brett Connolly's Gum
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 1,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uf1910 View Post
Is the Bolts overage after our LTIR relief for Lee and Ohlund? I'm surprised we went over by any amount given that we had over $4.7M in "extra" space
I wonder if it was due to bonuses at the end of the year.
  #28  
Old 06-19-2014, 11:55 AM
timothy's Avatar
timothy timothy is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nashville
Posts: 7,445
Send a message via Yahoo to timothy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
I wonder if it was due to bonuses at the end of the year.
Yes. Capgeek has all the details I believe. You have two prospects that are Calder finalists and a goaltender who is a Vezina finalist. You made the playoffs. There's some performance bonuses to pay out. Also, you don't get full cap credit for LTIR, only partial. Mike G. has the percentage, I can't remember it. But you cannot go over the cap by the full LTIR player's cap hit. It's less than that.

BTW... half the league or more has some $ of cap overages. Only a few are in the $1M+ area. $300k is not much, but understand that Vinik is spending to the cap
  #29  
Old 06-19-2014, 12:08 PM
uf1910 uf1910 is offline
Phil Esposito's Soninlawov
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
Yes. Capgeek has all the details I believe. You have two prospects that are Calder finalists and a goaltender who is a Vezina finalist. You made the playoffs. There's some performance bonuses to pay out. Also, you don't get full cap credit for LTIR, only partial. Mike G. has the percentage, I can't remember it. But you cannot go over the cap by the full LTIR player's cap hit. It's less than that.

BTW... half the league or more has some $ of cap overages. Only a few are in the $1M+ area. $300k is not much, but understand that Vinik is spending to the cap
I researched the capgeek for the bonuses before posting. Saw alot of the bonuses were tied to youngsters making NHL debuts. I was not aware that LTIR did not give full credit which IMO is another NHL but at least it applies to all teams unlike draft pick penalties for circumvention....cough cough Devils
  #30  
Old 06-19-2014, 12:26 PM
KyleFreadrich43's Avatar
KyleFreadrich43 KyleFreadrich43 is offline
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
I wonder if Boyle would sign a 1 year deal @ 5 million to play for a contender
He left San Jose already.
__________________
"I don't want to call him scared, but Worrell always seemed to avoid me." -Kyle Freadrich
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.