BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-22-2014, 10:01 AM
Enrico Ciccone's Blimpie Sub

I dont think that it is the lack of skill or lack of talent for the officials... with that said... the non-goal waived off was a young, inexperienced official trying to over-manage the game. Everyone agrees that more goes for the playoffs, but where do you draw the line? A little grab here, a little grab there...so the players keep testing and clearly you can get a way with a lot more. Hence so many non calls, but when is too far? Stamkos being taken out of the play? Barberio clearing the crease? ()

I really can give .02 to what any Canadian says about the game being fair or whatever. You can't tell me that those officials don't know where they are playing or what a bunch of angry MTL fans would be like. There is an issue of ethics and morals.

Would a Russian referee officiate the RUS/US olympic's game in Sochi?

MTL has had 11 Powerplays vs TB 6 Powerplays.We have been outplayed the majority of the series, but don't you dare tell me those stats are accurate.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:07 AM
John Tortorella's Doghouse

At the end of the day though, Giving away the first two home games by playing like shit is the crux of the issue- no real surprise Montreal is getting the calls, seems like they always do... Montreal kinda stole one they didn't deserve in game three- the task for the Lightning is to make sure that doesn't happen, take the officials out of the equation by playing better than your opponent. If the Bolts don't move on to the next round, they can all look in the mirror as to why.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:41 PM
Steve Downie's Kisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
My take was that he meant the players 30 years and older that are lifers in the AHL. Pay them the same salary and make them refs. It would give them a chance to make the NHL. I think that is a great idea.
This is what Espo meant ^. Pay them their AHL salaries to train to become qualified NHL refs. Guys that have lived, breathed, sweated, bled for years to get to the best league in the world. Keep them at their current salary so they can afford to maintain their lifestyle while learning a new career. Then they would be NHL ready quicker than the system being used now to train new officials.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:16 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

I wonder how many of us still think the Lightning have a chance to win this series? I'm not sure, but I really think if we win tonight we can at least put a hell of a scare into Montreal.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:32 PM
John Tortorella's Binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
I wonder how many of us still think the Lightning have a chance to win this series? I'm not sure, but I really think if we win tonight we can at least put a hell of a scare into Montreal.
I am beside myself. I am trying to calm and prepare myself for the season to end but I am finding it very difficult.

There is a big part of me that I can't silence in my head telling me we still win. It sure ain't a prediction because I am not willing to wager but I just can't get it out of my thick skull to give up. Time will tell

Go Bolts.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:39 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I don't even care about the series any more, just want to win a frigging game, period.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:41 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default Yep

I am with you Hoek...pluck the Habs! As long as there is time on the clock there is hope...and then there is always hope for the future....is it October yet?