BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-17-2014, 09:52 PM
Brett Connolly's Gum

Default Lightning Vs. Canadiens: Game Two 4/18/14

GO BOLTS!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:54 PM
Brett Connolly's Gum

Discuss. Had to slack on the stat graphic at the end.. too tired. I'll try and throw something better together for game 3.

Tampa needs to come out with more intensity and generate more scoring chances by making smarter moves when in possession of the puck. I had quite a few issues with game 1 (as I discussed in that thread) but I am hoping and anticipating that they turn things around in this one. Enjoy the game, everyone!
Old 04-17-2014, 10:31 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

It all comes down to our learning curve I think.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:41 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Just making it to the play-offs was a big milestone. Any series wins is just icing on the cake. I know TB can beat MON, but I won't be too upset if they don't.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:20 PM
Mattias Ohlund's Retirement Plans

Palat is a game-time decision but does not have a concussion. If Palat is out it looks like Pyatt will replace him. Don't know about changes on the defense since no beat writers had any pointed out.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:37 PM
Cooper's Law

I wouldn't mind seeing Carle demoted or sitting in the press-box. He was atrocious last game.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:52 AM
Cooper's Law

I don't know how you single out Carle. The entire defense looked bad last game. Kostka's mistake led to a goal. Hedman's mistake led to a short handed goal. Other than Brewer, the unit was bad - really bad.

Carle has been the most consistent defenseman over the season - and I mean that in a good way. Not the best. That would be Hedman. But you went games without even noticing Carle. That meant he wasn't screwing up.

You don't go from being one of your top 2 defensemen and have one bad game - and he wasn't close to being the worst guy out there - to the pressbox.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:10 AM
Old-Skool Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
Palat is a game-time decision but does not have a concussion. If Palat is out it looks like Pyatt will replace him. Don't know about changes on the defense since no beat writers had any pointed out.
Pyatt is by no means the sniper and force that Palat is, but he can certainly control the puck and harass the opposition when he doesn't. He may have the fastest feet and quickest moves in tight quarters since MSL. I really enjoy watching him play and wish we could see more of him.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:21 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I would have had Pyatt in rather than Pacquette considering the latter's role in playing the goat.

Not appreciating Fennelly piling on and harping yet again about Lindback in his lazy column today. How about calling out the D for once? You can even get a dig in at Yzerman that way, you cranky old coot.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:25 AM
Barry Melrose's Hairstylist

Carle had the worst turnovers in our zone of any defensemen I remember in the game. They weren't turned into goals but it doesn't make them any less worse of mistakes. The other defensemen screwed up as well, it's true. The good news is they can all play better. I saw us as very opportunistic offensively in the first game - we scored on a high percentage of a low number of actual chances. Thus, we better play better defensively in all zones because we're not going to sustain converting chances at that high a rate.