BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolts37205 View Post
and they are reiterating our complaints about how slow our "veterans" are. Named Salo first then Brewer and finally Malone. Have only seen the game since the 2nd int and they characterize Filp as a turnover machine tonight. Of course they are sucking up to the line and loving on Palat,

What did Gudas do? We own the territory in the 2nd so I guess the 3 goal was a real sucky first?

found a gif. Hard to tell but Radko was not as innocent as I hoped.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2014/4/5...ntoine-roussel
Hes been a turnover machine for a while now, but it is overlooked because he is still putting up points and makes other good plays. Palat/johnson/stamkos is just scary good.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:15 PM
John Tortorella's Binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
It is a bit ridiculous how long Crombeen's been sitting out. He really needs to be back in the mix come playoffs.

Purcell meanwhile can't even stay on his skates tonight. Kudos to our PK though with some great kills. Not sure why we have it together a man down but not when the numbers are even.
Purcell gets the puck anywhere near the boards on a break and its a given he will just take it behind and around the net. He never pushes to the front. It must be a joy to be a defender on his side and know you get a break. So damn soft and he's got plenty of size and hands but just no urgency and fire to impose his will.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Enrico Ciccone's Blimpie Sub

Malone is a cancer to this a team. That is all.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:33 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Don't know why we kept Bishop in the game other than to spare his ego, but let's rest the guy already.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:19 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

The play tonight is why I refused to buy play off tickets. We have had far too many games like this.

At the rate we are playing we will be a wild card playoff team.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:59 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
None of his mistakes hurt the team tonight. Purcell, Filppula, and Stamkos need to stop f'ing turning the puck over and need to lead by example by being harder on the puck along the wall in their own 2/3 of the rink and they need to be willing to take a bump to make a play and they need to not be stupid with the puck. It's not Brown or Killorn or Kucherov who are screwing up. It's veterans who are overhandling when they have the puck and not minding their p's and q's when they don't.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:01 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolts37205 View Post
and they are reiterating our complaints about how slow our "veterans" are. Named Salo first then Brewer and finally Malone. Have only seen the game since the 2nd int and they characterize Filp as a turnover machine tonight. Of course they are sucking up to the line and loving on Palat,

What did Gudas do? We own the territory in the 2nd so I guess the 3 goal was a real sucky first?

found a gif. Hard to tell but Radko was not as innocent as I hoped.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2014/4/5...ntoine-roussel
Unless there is another angle, it shouldn't have even been a penalty. It looked like he ran into Gudas.

Last edited by Donnie D; 04-05-2014 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:02 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

We have no fore or back check. It just seemed to poof.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:04 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scobo_24 View Post

That is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard. I have never heard anything but how great a locker room/teammate he is. He's not even as bad as people are making him out to be. In general he is solid on the 4th line. And for people that are screaming Callahan will help teach some of the kids (which I agree with to an extent by tbe way), to call someone who also does that a cancer, I repeat, is ridiculous. No, hes not even close to worth his money, but cancer, good God, did he sleep with your mother or something?
Old 04-06-2014, 07:39 AM
Enrico Ciccone's Blimpie Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
None of his mistakes hurt the team tonight. Purcell, Filppula, and Stamkos need to stop f'ing turning the puck over and need to lead by example by being harder on the puck along the wall in their own 2/3 of the rink and they need to be willing to take a bump to make a play and they need to not be stupid with the puck. It's not Brown or Killorn or Kucherov who are screwing up. It's veterans who are overhandling when they have the puck and not minding their p's and q's when they don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
That is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard. I have never heard anything but how great a locker room/teammate he is. He's not even as bad as people are making him out to be. In general he is solid on the 4th line. And for people that are screaming Callahan will help teach some of the kids (which I agree with to an extent by tbe way), to call someone who also does that a cancer, I repeat, is ridiculous. No, hes not even close to worth his money, but cancer, good God, did he sleep with your mother or something?
A cancer. Yes i said that; i did not say i hope he had cancer so cool your horse.

Fun fact#1
Malone had more penalty minutes last night then he has had goals the entire season.

Fun fact #2
Our $4.5mill "locker room"/"4th liner" takes a stupid double minor high sticking in the offensive zone. Wait it gets better.... While the lightning were more or less dominating the stars in the 2nd, and nearly tying the game up.

So stop acting like i called stamkos the worst player in the nhl. That is something you dont do; when you are a veteran and with a little role as possible. The rookies are playing their tails off grinding out plays and your "locker room presence" is taking lazy penalties.

Re: Pete
I agree on the veterans. #51 has been a turnover machine lately. But look at the turning point of the game today.... When Malone took that penalty our drive wasn't the same. But i agree veterans need/must be better.