BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-04-2014, 07:45 AM
BurnTHalO's Avatar
BurnTHalO BurnTHalO is online now
Steve F**king Yzerman
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Perrysburg, OH
Posts: 2,688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolts37205 View Post
Truly should find dependable and consistent linemates for Stamkos who don't belong on the third or fourth line (Brown) if not for the benefit of playing with Stammer. Palat is the energy driving this team and that line should be sacrosanct.

Not playing Barberio before bit Coop in the butt last night. 8 had progressed and could move and pass the puck before his long diet of popcorn. Always will be a lightweight and a defensive liability accordingly, but he has skill and skating that Salo, Carle and Brewer lack. Our vet dmen are killing the cap and not producing on ice. Seem to have infected Gudas over the last few months. Kinda hard to know if Brewer was caught in a Clymer poltergeist but every once in a while he skates or glides down ice to be more forwardesque than classic dman.

Move the puck and be quick and we win if Ben is not mired in a swamp of lactic acidosis due to working every game and practice conjured up. I hate Lindback service, but maybe it would force some teammates to recognize and rally or even put out normal NHL effort?? Need some time off for too many to mention is what it feels like.. Hopefully tonight was just an outlier and we rally again as we have so many times in a great year so far.
Agree. Barberio really regressed from no ice time. I wouldn't object to benching a few of our dmen just to make sure that doesn't happen again if we get in a pinch (keep guys getting some ice time).
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-04-2014, 08:48 AM
Scobo_24's Avatar
Scobo_24 Scobo_24 is offline
Enrico Ciccone's Blimpie Sub
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dover, FL
Posts: 921
Default

I really wish Bishop would stop holding onto the puck so long. He will get the pucks on the dump in because it is part of our strategy, but him holding it till the opposing team is on the doorstep every single time is absurd. And what is the #1 rule in hockey? DO NOT THROW THE PUCK THROUGH THE MIDDLE. Keep it on the boards or dont leave your crease. I will say this though; both goals can be attributed to Bishop boneheaded head and we put up shots on shots but every close one Ramo was there.

Someone made a comment about the lines:
18 -51- 24 <- untouchable....aka not changing
?? -91- ??
I dont know what you can do except keep giving the "unfinishers" chances. Thats why they are rookies and eventually the scoring touch will come. TJ and OP found there's and its a matter of time before snake-bitten Killorn, Kuch, and Brown start scoring a bit. Killorn easily could of had a hattrick last nice...but the dice arent falling. If this is our team 'in a slump'.... we have nothing to complain about

I think the issue is us playing down or playing up to teams. I dont know if it is mentally what their mindset it knowing where they are in the standings or what but we dont get crushed by good teams and we dont crush bad teams. Who knows...this isnt the first time we lost to a bottom-feeder.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-04-2014, 09:01 AM
Top Shelf's Avatar
Top Shelf Top Shelf is offline
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,202
Default

what's the C mean in C for and C against
__________________
Oops: “Observations do not show rising temperatures throughout the tropical troposphere unless you accept one single study...and discount a wealth of others. This is just downright dangerous. We need to communicate the uncertainty and be honest." --Peter Thorne, U.K. Met Office

Thorne in another e-mail: “I also think the science is being manipulated to put a political spin on it.”
http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybel...eir-science/2/
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-04-2014, 09:06 AM
BurnTHalO's Avatar
BurnTHalO BurnTHalO is online now
Steve F**king Yzerman
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Perrysburg, OH
Posts: 2,688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scobo_24 View Post
I really wish Bishop would stop holding onto the puck so long. He will get the pucks on the dump in because it is part of our strategy, but him holding it till the opposing team is on the doorstep every single time is absurd. And what is the #1 rule in hockey? DO NOT THROW THE PUCK THROUGH THE MIDDLE. Keep it on the boards or dont leave your crease. I will say this though; both goals can be attributed to Bishop boneheaded head and we put up shots on shots but every close one Ramo was there.

Someone made a comment about the lines:
18 -51- 24 <- untouchable....aka not changing
?? -91- ??
I dont know what you can do except keep giving the "unfinishers" chances. Thats why they are rookies and eventually the scoring touch will come. TJ and OP found there's and its a matter of time before snake-bitten Killorn, Kuch, and Brown start scoring a bit. Killorn easily could of had a hattrick last nice...but the dice arent falling. If this is our team 'in a slump'.... we have nothing to complain about

I think the issue is us playing down or playing up to teams. I dont know if it is mentally what their mindset it knowing where they are in the standings or what but we dont get crushed by good teams and we dont crush bad teams. Who knows...this isnt the first time we lost to a bottom-feeder.
I'm not sure untouchable. I think you need to consider moving Palat and TJ up to the line with Stamkos. I actually think Purcell may fit pretty well with Callahan and Filpula as well, or you could even put Kucherov up on one of those two lines as he seems to be getting his grove back, though he does have some of the rookie turnovers you would expect.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-04-2014, 09:08 AM
ZeykShade's Avatar
ZeykShade ZeykShade is offline
Captain Poke Check
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
what's the C mean in C for and C against
Corsi Events. Basically the only diff between Corsi and Fenwick is that Fenwick gets rid of blocked shots. Fenwick only considers Shots that get through and shots that are missed. Reason Fenwick doesn't consider blocked shots is the creator (Matt Fenwick) considers Blocking shots a skill and not just a random event. He's a Calgary fan and writer so it could be he learned something from Kubina =p.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-04-2014, 10:03 AM
uf1910 uf1910 is offline
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 729
Default

IMO a certain amount of letdown was expected last night. 2 days after the big playoff type matchup, 2 days after clinching a berth, "lowly" Calgary coming in. Sure they had some moments of mental brainfarts, but they also had some real good shifts. The Flip-Palat-Cally line was a force almost the entire game. The Killorn, Kuch, TJ line was on the edge of being dangerous as well. A brainfart moment by Bishop and a couple of hard-working goals against a stand-up performance by Ramo with very little puck-luck=a loss. But for a letdown game we had some impressive zone time shifts just didn't produce the results. Just move on to Saturday and don't put to much significance on last night. My .02
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-04-2014, 11:51 AM
ZeykShade's Avatar
ZeykShade ZeykShade is offline
Captain Poke Check
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 459
Default

4/3/2014 CGY @ TBL Fenwick For / Fenwick Against at 5 on 5

Teddy Purcell: +6/-8
Steven Stamkos: +7/-8
JT Brown: +5/-7

Ryan Callahan: +10/-6
Valtteri Filppula: +10/-5
Ondrej Palat: +10/-5

Nikita Kucherov: +17/-6
Tyler Johnson: +17/-7
Alex Killorn: +19/-8


BJ Crombeen: +4/-7
Nate Thompson: +3/-7
Ryan Malone: +3/-7

Eric Brewer: +11/-13
Sami Salo: +12/-9
Radko Gudas: +7/-5
Mark Barberio: +16/-10
Matt Carle: +10/-8
Victor Hedman: +18/-9
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-04-2014, 02:01 PM
timothy's Avatar
timothy timothy is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nashville
Posts: 7,345
Send a message via Yahoo to timothy
Default

It's not going to be too much longer before Hedman should start entering Norris conversation. Not this season, mind you, but soon. He's leading NHL in SHP and with his breakout offensive contributions including the PP, he's showing he is an impact player at ES, SH, and PP.

Supposedly there's still some trade Hedman talk over on HF forums. Whatever.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-04-2014, 02:52 PM
uf1910 uf1910 is offline
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
It's not going to be too much longer before Hedman should start entering Norris conversation. Not this season, mind you, but soon. He's leading NHL in SHP and with his breakout offensive contributions including the PP, he's showing he is an impact player at ES, SH, and PP.

Supposedly there's still some trade Hedman talk over on HF forums. Whatever.


IMO the bolded part just shows he is starting to garner respect from around the league and other team's fans
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-04-2014, 06:57 PM
Bolthed's Avatar
Bolthed Bolthed is offline
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gainesvegas!
Posts: 2,380
Default

Seriously. If Hedman is entering 50+ points territory and we all know he's just coming into his own ... look out. I dare say he's the smoothest skating big man the NHL has ever seen. And he's just 23. He could easily become a perennial Norris contender.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.