BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-04-2014, 07:45 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolts37205 View Post
Truly should find dependable and consistent linemates for Stamkos who don't belong on the third or fourth line (Brown) if not for the benefit of playing with Stammer. Palat is the energy driving this team and that line should be sacrosanct.

Not playing Barberio before bit Coop in the butt last night. 8 had progressed and could move and pass the puck before his long diet of popcorn. Always will be a lightweight and a defensive liability accordingly, but he has skill and skating that Salo, Carle and Brewer lack. Our vet dmen are killing the cap and not producing on ice. Seem to have infected Gudas over the last few months. Kinda hard to know if Brewer was caught in a Clymer poltergeist but every once in a while he skates or glides down ice to be more forwardesque than classic dman.

Move the puck and be quick and we win if Ben is not mired in a swamp of lactic acidosis due to working every game and practice conjured up. I hate Lindback service, but maybe it would force some teammates to recognize and rally or even put out normal NHL effort?? Need some time off for too many to mention is what it feels like.. Hopefully tonight was just an outlier and we rally again as we have so many times in a great year so far.
Agree. Barberio really regressed from no ice time. I wouldn't object to benching a few of our dmen just to make sure that doesn't happen again if we get in a pinch (keep guys getting some ice time).
Old 04-04-2014, 08:48 AM
Enrico Ciccone's Blimpie Sub

I really wish Bishop would stop holding onto the puck so long. He will get the pucks on the dump in because it is part of our strategy, but him holding it till the opposing team is on the doorstep every single time is absurd. And what is the #1 rule in hockey? DO NOT THROW THE PUCK THROUGH THE MIDDLE. Keep it on the boards or dont leave your crease. I will say this though; both goals can be attributed to Bishop boneheaded head and we put up shots on shots but every close one Ramo was there.

Someone made a comment about the lines:
18 -51- 24 <- untouchable....aka not changing
?? -91- ??
I dont know what you can do except keep giving the "unfinishers" chances. Thats why they are rookies and eventually the scoring touch will come. TJ and OP found there's and its a matter of time before snake-bitten Killorn, Kuch, and Brown start scoring a bit. Killorn easily could of had a hattrick last nice...but the dice arent falling. If this is our team 'in a slump'.... we have nothing to complain about

I think the issue is us playing down or playing up to teams. I dont know if it is mentally what their mindset it knowing where they are in the standings or what but we dont get crushed by good teams and we dont crush bad teams. Who knows...this isnt the first time we lost to a bottom-feeder.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:01 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

what's the C mean in C for and C against
Oops: “Observations do not show rising temperatures throughout the tropical troposphere unless you accept one single study...and discount a wealth of others. This is just downright dangerous. We need to communicate the uncertainty and be honest." --Peter Thorne, U.K. Met Office

Thorne in another e-mail: “I also think the science is being manipulated to put a political spin on it.”
http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybel...eir-science/2/
Old 04-04-2014, 09:06 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scobo_24 View Post
I really wish Bishop would stop holding onto the puck so long. He will get the pucks on the dump in because it is part of our strategy, but him holding it till the opposing team is on the doorstep every single time is absurd. And what is the #1 rule in hockey? DO NOT THROW THE PUCK THROUGH THE MIDDLE. Keep it on the boards or dont leave your crease. I will say this though; both goals can be attributed to Bishop boneheaded head and we put up shots on shots but every close one Ramo was there.

Someone made a comment about the lines:
18 -51- 24 <- untouchable....aka not changing
?? -91- ??
I dont know what you can do except keep giving the "unfinishers" chances. Thats why they are rookies and eventually the scoring touch will come. TJ and OP found there's and its a matter of time before snake-bitten Killorn, Kuch, and Brown start scoring a bit. Killorn easily could of had a hattrick last nice...but the dice arent falling. If this is our team 'in a slump'.... we have nothing to complain about

I think the issue is us playing down or playing up to teams. I dont know if it is mentally what their mindset it knowing where they are in the standings or what but we dont get crushed by good teams and we dont crush bad teams. Who knows...this isnt the first time we lost to a bottom-feeder.
I'm not sure untouchable. I think you need to consider moving Palat and TJ up to the line with Stamkos. I actually think Purcell may fit pretty well with Callahan and Filpula as well, or you could even put Kucherov up on one of those two lines as he seems to be getting his grove back, though he does have some of the rookie turnovers you would expect.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:08 AM
Captain Poke Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
what's the C mean in C for and C against
Corsi Events. Basically the only diff between Corsi and Fenwick is that Fenwick gets rid of blocked shots. Fenwick only considers Shots that get through and shots that are missed. Reason Fenwick doesn't consider blocked shots is the creator (Matt Fenwick) considers Blocking shots a skill and not just a random event. He's a Calgary fan and writer so it could be he learned something from Kubina =p.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:03 AM
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist

IMO a certain amount of letdown was expected last night. 2 days after the big playoff type matchup, 2 days after clinching a berth, "lowly" Calgary coming in. Sure they had some moments of mental brainfarts, but they also had some real good shifts. The Flip-Palat-Cally line was a force almost the entire game. The Killorn, Kuch, TJ line was on the edge of being dangerous as well. A brainfart moment by Bishop and a couple of hard-working goals against a stand-up performance by Ramo with very little puck-luck=a loss. But for a letdown game we had some impressive zone time shifts just didn't produce the results. Just move on to Saturday and don't put to much significance on last night. My .02
Old 04-04-2014, 11:51 AM
Captain Poke Check

4/3/2014 CGY @ TBL Fenwick For / Fenwick Against at 5 on 5

Teddy Purcell: +6/-8
Steven Stamkos: +7/-8
JT Brown: +5/-7

Ryan Callahan: +10/-6
Valtteri Filppula: +10/-5
Ondrej Palat: +10/-5

Nikita Kucherov: +17/-6
Tyler Johnson: +17/-7
Alex Killorn: +19/-8

BJ Crombeen: +4/-7
Nate Thompson: +3/-7
Ryan Malone: +3/-7

Eric Brewer: +11/-13
Sami Salo: +12/-9
Radko Gudas: +7/-5
Mark Barberio: +16/-10
Matt Carle: +10/-8
Victor Hedman: +18/-9
Old 04-04-2014, 02:01 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

It's not going to be too much longer before Hedman should start entering Norris conversation. Not this season, mind you, but soon. He's leading NHL in SHP and with his breakout offensive contributions including the PP, he's showing he is an impact player at ES, SH, and PP.

Supposedly there's still some trade Hedman talk over on HF forums. Whatever.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
It's not going to be too much longer before Hedman should start entering Norris conversation. Not this season, mind you, but soon. He's leading NHL in SHP and with his breakout offensive contributions including the PP, he's showing he is an impact player at ES, SH, and PP.

Supposedly there's still some trade Hedman talk over on HF forums. Whatever.

IMO the bolded part just shows he is starting to garner respect from around the league and other team's fans
Old 04-04-2014, 06:57 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Seriously. If Hedman is entering 50+ points territory and we all know he's just coming into his own ... look out. I dare say he's the smoothest skating big man the NHL has ever seen. And he's just 23. He could easily become a perennial Norris contender.