BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-03-2014, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

Frustrating.

Sent from my YP-GS1 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-03-2014, 09:06 PM
Captain Poke Check

There wasn't a goaltender there to bail out Carle for the billionth time... My god what a terrible game... Was anyone actually playing hard?

Old 04-03-2014, 10:07 PM
Brad Richard's Contract

This team has a thing lately where they are either playing up or down to their competition. Montreal and the games against Boston and Pittsburgh showed that when they want, they can keep up with with every team in the league but they've showed lately that when they face others such as the Isles, Sabres and Flames they play down to their competition just as much. Well I guess the silver lining in that is there really isn't competition to play down to once the playoffs start.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Cooper's Law

When I left, Calgary had blocked more than 20 shots. That means the Lightning took 20 more shots than Calgary.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:12 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
When I left, Calgary had blocked more than 20 shots. That means the Lightning took 20 more shots than Calgary.
Lightning took more than 60 shot I believe
Old 04-04-2014, 02:04 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

That was the first game I've been to in person since they beat CHI 6-5 in OT, and let's just say it was far less interesting. We knew it was going to be a tough night after that first incredible brain fart by Bishop--he had TWO Flames to pass it to, and fed it right into the slot. Guess he didn't see their white jerseys against the white ice or something. Then Filppula in the 2nd had that glorious opportunity with the open net, and hesitated long enough for me to hit the restroom and return before he shot it...then right after the shot they had a chance to just tuck it in around the goalpost, and there was no urgency.

This quote from Bishop after the MTL game about not being showered with champagne just for escaping the bottom half of the league and getting in the playoffs sums up where his head was at:
Quote:
“Well, not unless you're in baseball,” Lightning goaltender Ben Bishop said. “They celebrate every time. I would love to adopt that in hockey.” --tbo.com
There's nothing to celebrate yet.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:34 AM
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist

I am traveling and forgot to set the DVR....I'm glad I did.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:10 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

That was a trainwreck in net. And I am so sick of Killorn and Brown getting set up with ridiculous opportunities and not finishing them (no I'm not saying cut/send down/trade, just frustrated, I know they are rookies). Stamkos must be going completely insane right now with the linemates he keeps ending up with who can't seem to finish.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:23 AM
Puppa Scoopah

Unhappy Cooper needs some help also

Truly should find dependable and consistent linemates for Stamkos who don't belong on the third or fourth line (Brown) if not for the benefit of playing with Stammer. Palat is the energy driving this team and that line should be sacrosanct.

Not playing Barberio before bit Coop in the butt last night. 8 had progressed and could move and pass the puck before his long diet of popcorn. Always will be a lightweight and a defensive liability accordingly, but he has skill and skating that Salo, Carle and Brewer lack. Our vet dmen are killing the cap and not producing on ice. Seem to have infected Gudas over the last few months. Kinda hard to know if Brewer was caught in a Clymer poltergeist but every once in a while he skates or glides down ice to be more forwardesque than classic dman.

Move the puck and be quick and we win if Ben is not mired in a swamp of lactic acidosis due to working every game and practice conjured up. I hate Lindback service, but maybe it would force some teammates to recognize and rally or even put out normal NHL effort?? Need some time off for too many to mention is what it feels like.. Hopefully tonight was just an outlier and we rally again as we have so many times in a great year so far.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:32 AM
Chainsaw Charlie

The Pink Highlight was the issue. Probably the first time we can say that we lost the game because of Bishop.