BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 03-30-2014, 10:31 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Send a message via AIM to Jester47
Default 3.30 Bolts at Red Wings (NOTE the 5pm Puck Drop)

LIGHTNING (41-24-9, 91 points) vs. DETROIT (34-26-14, 82 points)

TV/Radio: SUN; AM 970 WFLA

Last 10: Tampa Bay 7-0-3; Detroit 5-4-1

Season Series:The Lightning are going for the season sweep, who would have seen that coming?!?!

EE believes Lindback will be in net.

Last edited by Jester47; 03-30-2014 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:55 PM
BP Staff

Bishop will be in net. Clearly Cooper plans to play Bishop until he does or doesn't have home ice before he thinks of putting Lindback in.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:58 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester47 View Post

Last 10: Tampa Bay 7-0-3
Beautiful
Old 03-30-2014, 05:18 PM
Johnny Shortside

Stammer is fired up in this game lol. He keeps going at it with all the Wings after the whistle
Old 03-30-2014, 05:49 PM
John Grahame's Designated Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
Stammer is fired up in this game lol. He keeps going at it with all the Wings after the whistle
Wish it would translate into the game of hockey. It hasn't yet. He's looked mediocre except for one rush he generated a chance for Barbs on. Rest of the time his line is shit and flailing flaccidly in their own end. Line is missing sand. Mainly due to Purcell remaining in the lineup and Stamkos not feeling it.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:44 PM
Oren Koules' Pocket Comb

Default I have only been watching since mid 2nd

we were down 1-2 and looked pedestrian at best with little jump. How bad could the first have been if Chief has it right that 2nd was better than 1st?

No need to mention Purcell, definitely a doggie do do lack of hustle and bad passes waiting for the opportunity to turn it over. Ought to be named Pillsbury for the way he plays soft and turn(s)over the puck.

No hop for pucks that make a difference in possession or zone. They look worn out and in need of rest time. Really should have been Lindback's game to tend.

Carle, Malone and Purcell are cap killers. Minimally productive for cost endured.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:48 PM
BP Staff

Lightning did look good in the Second Period. First Period was a case of a team that's only been putting forth half efforts and tried to turn it on like a light switch. Well, yeah, the legs were there but the brains haven't had to think the game with that level of pace and crispness lately, and it showed. Too many breakaways. Too many odd man rushes. Some really poor decisions with the puck.

You just hope that this cleared out some of the cobwebs and they'll be better prepared for the Montreal game now that this faux-streak is out of the way.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:31 PM
John Grahame's Designated Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolts37205 View Post
we were down 1-2 and looked pedestrian at best with little jump. How bad could the first have been if Chief has it right that 2nd was better than 1st?

No need to mention Purcell, definitely a doggie do do lack of hustle and bad passes waiting for the opportunity to turn it over. Ought to be named Pillsbury for the way he plays soft and turn(s)over the puck.

No hop for pucks that make a difference in possession or zone. They look worn out and in need of rest time. Really should have been Lindback's game to tend.

Carle, Malone and Purcell are cap killers. Minimally productive for cost endured.
Carle, Gudas, Salo have looked like complete shit lately. I find myself longing for Barberio and Sustr to be honest. I know that they're not the answer, but jesus these D-men are atrocious.

It's not all on them because the forwards are doing everything but helping. They don't come low often enough to assist. They're stagnant awaiting outlets and they flyby their counterparts(forechecking forwards), rather than screening/finishing them when they get the chance. They're hanging the D out to dry rather than making the hard and correct play. Lazy.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:00 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

I saw a bunch of chances in the 1st and 3rd for the Lightning to dominate situations, some open nets to feast on too, but they just didn't seem to want to get where they needed to be on the ice to do it. Maybe it's just coincidence that the one puck I can remember a Lightning player showing some jump for was the one mishandled by their D that Filppula pounced on like a hungry leopard in the slot--oh, and whaddyaknow, it ended up in the net. (Textbook toedrag BTW, what a set of hands) I don't know how you drill puck hunger with pros, but our high school's state championship-winning coach used to wing a puck in the corner and yell, "Come on, get after it! I'll put some HAIR on that thing, THEN you'll chase it!" Thanks for the visual

What is it now, nine games left to get the ten points to lock in a playoff spot? Nothing like taking it right down to the wire...
"We are not concerned with people who profess the democratic faith but yearn for the dark security of dependency where they can be spared the burden of decisions. Reluctant to grow up, or incapable of doing so, they want to remain children and be cared for by others. Those who can, should be encouraged to grow; for the others, the fault lies not in the system but in themselves." --Saul Alinsky, Rules for Radicals [emphasis added].
Old 03-31-2014, 09:16 AM
Puppa Scoopah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
What is it now, nine games left to get the ten points to lock in a playoff spot? Nothing like taking it right down to the wire...
I don't like to count my chickens before they hatch but in my mind the playoffs is not a question and I am relaxed on that issue. This team will not pull a Maple Leafs and collapse. To me its about home ice for the first round.