BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 04-02-2014, 01:01 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

I have a feeling it's going to be solid black with a white or silver lightning bolt on the front. I'm guessing they'll incorporate some blue in it as well, just not sure where.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:01 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Team colors have always been black & blue (w/white & silver trim). All four colors already appear on their third jerseys, gloves, pants and socks. Why change your iconic colors for no reason? As I've already droned ad nauseam, black & blue is perfect for hockey, identified with the Lightning from Day 1 and no other NHL club. We get it, Yzerman played for DET with monochromatic uniforms, wanted the same for us. But ask 1000 fans if they'd prefer just blue like the Leafs, or change the colors to something else, or our original black & blue, and watch the votes rack up. Most people would accept restoring black as an accent color at the very least. I'd bet any amount of money you get 975 or more who choose black & blue.

Hey, that'd be a wildly ingenious idea for the TBL brass: Do a fan poll. Want monochrome, or restore the original iconic Lightning colors? Give the people what they want. Problem solved.
For Democrats every day is opposite day. Getting destroyed in an election means the other side better wise up...record cold is evidence of too much heat...those who use guns to break the law will suddenly obey a law banning guns. And more law enforcement makes a community less safe.

Last edited by Top Shelf; 04-03-2014 at 09:04 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:39 AM
Mighty Mite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Team colors have always been black & blue (w/white & silver trim). All four colors already appear on their third jerseys, gloves, pants and socks. Why change your iconic colors for no reason? As I've already droned ad nauseam, black & blue is perfect for hockey, identified with the Lightning from Day 1 and no other NHL club. We get it, Yzerman played for DET with monochromatic uniforms, wanted the same for us. But ask 1000 fans if they'd prefer just blue like the Leafs, or change the colors to something else, or our original black & blue, and watch the votes rack up. Most people would accept restoring black as an accent color at the very least. I'd bet any amount of money you get 975 or more who choose black & blue.

Hey, that'd be a wildly ingenious idea for the TBL brass: Do a fan poll. Want monochrome, or restore the original iconic Lightning colors? Give the people what they want. Problem solved.
If you believe that the jerseys are the way they are because of Steve Yzerman, you're being very foolish.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:07 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong Net Paulie View Post
If you believe that the jerseys are the way they are because of Steve Yzerman, you're being very foolish.
If you believe that's the best way to express opinion, that belief is very foolish. (See, it's the belief that's foolish, not the person. I don't even know you, and vice versa. Right, Wrong?)

Anyway, if you have the inside scoop from a reliable source on who really did decide on the look, why not share it with us. Until then, the uniforms are monochrome like the Red Wings, the stripe pattern is identical to the Red Wings home jersey, right down to the last detail--even the pants originally were the exact same single stripe until an uproar of insistence on the bolt forced the change--and they adopted the uniform immediately upon the arrival of team boss Steve Yzerman, who spent his entire career with the Red Wings. Maybe people can be forgiven for thinking that might not be just a bizarre coincidence....
For Democrats every day is opposite day. Getting destroyed in an election means the other side better wise up...record cold is evidence of too much heat...those who use guns to break the law will suddenly obey a law banning guns. And more law enforcement makes a community less safe.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:32 PM
John Tortorella's Doghouse

Quote:
If you believe that's the best way to express opinion, that belief is very foolish. (See, it's the belief that's foolish, not the person. I don't even know you, and vice versa. Right, Wrong?)

Anyway, if you have the inside scoop from a reliable source on who really did decide on the look, why not share it with us. Until then, the uniforms are monochrome like the Red Wings, the stripe pattern is identical to the Red Wings home jersey, right down to the last detail--even the pants originally were the exact same single stripe until an uproar of insistence on the bolt forced the change--and they adopted the uniform immediately upon the arrival of team boss Steve Yzerman, who spent his entire career with the Red Wings. Maybe people can be forgiven for thinking that might not be just a bizarre coincidence....
HaHa- good one shelfie. true, I agree with this premise- the uni's they abandoned for the current model were pretty slick, and much better than the one's the Lightning wear now- I'm ok with the current version, but it would be cool to see black and silver with blue trim again-
Old 04-03-2014, 07:27 PM
Mighty Mite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post

The jersey was designed and going through the motions of approval before Steve even started - its not a fast process at all. The new third has been in the works for a while now.

EDIT: Steve not Steven

Last edited by Wrong Net Paulie; 04-04-2014 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:07 PM
The Constrictor

Send a message via AIM to Kowalski

Orange. Just like the Syracuse 3rds.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:21 PM
Brett Connolly's Gum

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
I think that is only if you purchase seats in the new "Blue Line Club" which is center ice in the lower bowl. At least that is what my STM renewal said.
Found out tonight why they started the Blue Line Club. Seems many of the center side line seats are held by the promoters who then package the seats to the tour groups and sell many online to the out of towners, like Boston, Detroit, Toronto, Montreal, etc etc etc. The team was getting sick of seeing non Lightning fans in those seats, and also had many Lightning fans complain about the price they pay to be abused. I for one moved out of 115 and up to 213 just to get away from them.

Thinking is that if they raised the price per game by $11 dollars and then returned $10 via food dollars on your new jersey chip the promoters won't be able to pass the chip around and they will be losing money. So far most of the promoters have refused to renew in those sections and are now trying to find blocks elsewhere to purchase. I was told they are having a very hard time doing so.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:04 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

That's great news then.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
Found out tonight why they started the Blue Line Club. Seems many of the center side line seats are held by the promoters who then package the seats to the tour groups and sell many online to the out of towners, like Boston, Detroit, Toronto, Montreal, etc etc etc. The team was getting sick of seeing non Lightning fans in those seats, and also had many Lightning fans complain about the price they pay to be abused. I for one moved out of 115 and up to 213 just to get away from them.

Thinking is that if they raised the price per game by $11 dollars and then returned $10 via food dollars on your new jersey chip the promoters won't be able to pass the chip around and they will be losing money. So far most of the promoters have refused to renew in those sections and are now trying to find blocks elsewhere to purchase. I was told they are having a very hard time doing so.
Nice!