BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 03-29-2014, 09:04 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default New third jersey

Anyone know what the new 3rd jersey looks like? They are offering a new 3rd with season tickets, if I read the crawl right.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:09 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Hasn't been announced or leaked yet. Just that it's happening.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:12 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
Anyone know what the new 3rd jersey looks like? They are offering a new 3rd with season tickets, if I read the crawl right.
I think that is only if you purchase seats in the new "Blue Line Club" which is center ice in the lower bowl. At least that is what my STM renewal said.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
I think that is only if you purchase seats in the new "Blue Line Club" which is center ice in the lower bowl. At least that is what my STM renewal said.
Had a dream last night we went back to our black home jerseys but with the new logo (enhanced of course)... that's how frustrated I was with the game last night, it followed me into my dreams....
Old 03-30-2014, 01:25 PM

Default Pray

Let's pray for our original colors. We need the Black back!
Old 03-31-2014, 08:21 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Decided to google it, and nothing's changed since I posted this on 3/21 after the game at OTT...
Quote:
Called downtown to get some scoop on the new third...no (d)ice. Rep said they have seen no images, don't know where to get them and can't even say for sure the team colors black & blue are in it but that's the rumor. Google turned up nothing. They are really good at keeping stuff under wraps.
However, I did find this bit in SI, dated 3/13. Interesting wording:
Quote:
The Tampa Bay Lightning could be getting a new look next season.

While talking about the team’s new season ticket offers during Thursday’s broadcast, Sun Sports announcer Rick Peckham mentioned that the packages will include a “new third jersey” for 2014-15.

While the team hasn’t officially said the new jersey will replace the current third, which was introduced in 2008 and has the word “Bolts” running diagonally down the front, it has confirmed that a new one is in the pipeline, calling it “Jersey 2.0.”

“[T]he Jersey 2.0 program marks our first significant follow-up to the micro-chipped jersey concept that we introduced in 2011-12,” Lightning Chief Operating Officer Steve Griggs said in a release on the Lightning web site.
I still have not seen one single sensible explanation for why they can't at least let them wear the pants, socks and gloves containing black that they currently wear with the thirds. "Four out of five hockey fans surveyed recommend black and blue for their team whose colors ARE black and blue"
Old 04-02-2014, 07:46 AM
John Tortorella's Doghouse

Quote:
I still have not seen one single sensible explanation for why they can't at least let them wear the pants, socks and gloves containing black that they currently wear with the thirds. "Four out of five hockey fans surveyed recommend black and blue for their team whose colors ARE black and blue"
Agreed. Black would be the way to go there- which means there is is at least a 75% chance they won't....
Old 04-02-2014, 11:52 AM
BP Staff

Black and silver. Black and silver. That's what I want. Jerseys so tough looking the other team fears getting shot coming onto the ice with us. Black and silver.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:00 PM
The Constrictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Black and silver. Black and silver. That's what I want. Jerseys so tough looking the other team fears getting shot coming onto the ice with us. Black and silver.
I was thinking black and white, but black and silver would definitely be sick too
Old 04-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Sounds good as long as they don't look too much like the Kings as a result.