BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 03-29-2014, 09:36 PM
BP Staff

This team is going to get boat raced by Montreal in the playoffs if this keeps up. They're so fortunate they're playing the softest schedule in the league right now, because they've stunk on toast these past 2 games.

Buffalo is tragically bad. If you breath on them they turn the puck over and give you zone time and chances. You don't even have to physically touch them. They crap their pants and give the puck away if you're just in the general vicinity. Unfortunately, other than J.T. Brown, no one on this team wanted to work tonight.

I don't f'ing get it. You've got a team like Buffalo who turns it over like crazy playing a kid Hackett in net who had a .898 save percentage in the AHL. If I were a Lightning player, I couldn't wait to get to the game tonight and pad my stats. Tonight's the kind of night were you can print money if you work hard. Print it, because Buffalo simply can't stay in the building with you if you put forth an effort. And they didn't even flipping show up. At all. It's a joke.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:08 PM
Brad Richard's Contract

I just do not understand why this team can not put anybody away. IT is a team like Buffalo that we always seem to play down to and then spot them a goal or two.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:11 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

I like his playing with desperation but have to say, Hedman shoving that net off the moorings was about as subtle as a Vancouver flash mob smash & grab. Sure the refs don't know what "interference" means, but we can't blame them tonight--a 5-on-3 with no makeup call, plus we're getting lucky enough with PPs in OT to offset the sleepy, sloppy play that lands us there. (How about the one tonight, 4-on-3, TWO Buffalo defenders without a stick for a 4-on-1...and they friggin' let them clear. Add that to the zany bank shot by Stamkos, and it was like watching a circus clown show. Only thing missing was the 3-ring shootout.)

On the bright side, Bishop did hold the fort solid when Buffalo got half their third period shots in a single, three-second rapid-fire sequence inside his crease...Stamkos's OT winner on the PP was a ridiculous nearside one-timer to the shelf, how the F does he do it...Kucherov's feed through three Sabres to Killer in the slot gave me diabetes...and Callahan continues to be soothing valium for MSL fans crashing from a 14-year roll. He and Louie are both doing nothing but making it look like we won that trade several times over.

Boy are we gonna get walloped tomorrow in Detroit. Maybe if they all snort about a half dozen of those smelling-salt things before every shift,........
"We are not concerned with people who profess the democratic faith but yearn for the dark security of dependency where they can be spared the burden of decisions. Reluctant to grow up, or incapable of doing so, they want to remain children and be cared for by others. Those who can, should be encouraged to grow; for the others, the fault lies not in the system but in themselves." --Saul Alinsky, Rules for Radicals [emphasis added].
Old 03-30-2014, 12:45 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
I thought that was a fair call. Even if it wasn't fully intentional it was kind of unnecessarily convenient.
Yeah, it was legitimate. My only beef is that that exact play often results in nothing but a face-off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Conacher got the credit for it, lol.
The irony, it hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlow01 View Post
Stammer with the most "unnatural" hat trick I've seen
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfgreg View Post
Fitting that Stammer scores the OT game winning goal that notches our 91st point
Old 03-30-2014, 01:41 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

If you haven't heard the Mishkin call of the own-goal, you must. It's hilarious.

https://twitter.com/BoltsRadio/statu...92028110860288
Old 03-30-2014, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Zo View Post
If you haven't heard the Mishkin call of the own-goal, you must. It's hilarious.

https://twitter.com/BoltsRadio/statu...92028110860288
Then what
"We are not concerned with people who profess the democratic faith but yearn for the dark security of dependency where they can be spared the burden of decisions. Reluctant to grow up, or incapable of doing so, they want to remain children and be cared for by others. Those who can, should be encouraged to grow; for the others, the fault lies not in the system but in themselves." --Saul Alinsky, Rules for Radicals [emphasis added].
Old 03-30-2014, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

Saw this on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaej View Post
With his goal tonight, I do believe Stamkos has now officially scored against all 30 teams in the NHL
Love this

Last edited by Sotnos; 03-30-2014 at 08:48 AM.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaej View Post
With his goal tonight, I do believe Stamkos has now officially scored against all 30 teams in the NHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_narrow_way View Post
The irony, it hurts.
His 1st and his 30th, both in games vs. BUF
Old 03-30-2014, 09:57 AM
Brad Richard's Contract

Yeah that Stamkos, what a terrible passer. We need to dumb him.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
Yeah that Stamkos, what a terrible passer. We need to dumb him.
Again with the irony