BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 03-20-2014, 08:59 PM
John Grahame's Designated Driver

Huge one timer from Cally, he's been good on the pp...

And as I go to type that, the Sens score... I hate it when that happens...
Old 03-20-2014, 09:03 PM
Chris Gratton's Ruby Slippers

Bish looks gassed. Wish lindback could at least spell him.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:04 PM
John Tortorella's Binky

Anyone else getting tired of The Chief and just constant griping and moaning? He's getting short on analysis and way long on grumpy old man if you ask me.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:09 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

PAY WINDAH!!!

Somehow anyway.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:28 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Anyone else getting tired of The Chief and just constant griping and moaning? He's getting short on analysis and way long on grumpy old man if you ask me.
He's pretty much spot on, though, when he complains.

All 4 goals surrendered came off correctable errors. The Lightning never really gave concerted pressure and scoring chances to Ottawa and they never fell behind in the game. They earned the result they got, and they should feel better about it than the wins they got against the Leafs and Canucks.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:01 PM
XO Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlow01 View Post
Nope, I wouldn't trade the guy for any other announcer. I have grown quite fond of him over the years.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:51 PM
John Grahame's Designated Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfgreg View Post
Nope, I wouldn't trade the guy for any other announcer. I have grown quite fond of him over the years.
I feel the same way...He asked Thompson something along the lines at the bench tonight, "How do you plan to do what you plan to do tonight?" << This is OUR guy!

I have to say, the fact that he's ours is something to behold. Not much about this team has stayed the same over the years but Rick and Chief have been with us since almost the beginning. The fact of the matter though, it's not like he's going to be commentating for us forever.

Hmm, maybe we can get Andre Roy to do color after Chief goes to the broadcasting booth in the sky?
Old 03-20-2014, 11:47 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfgreg View Post
Right on, he and I consistently compete for who's going to say almost the exact same sentence first throughout a game. It's weird. Sure he makes mistakes like any other human, but his eye for the game in general is still razor sharp.

Speaking of complaining...if we once again get called for G interference when our guy (Callahan) is clearly shoved into the goalie by the D, and I remark on it, is that a grumpy gripe? Because, man,...that sucked. There ought to be another official who blows the whistle and puts the ref in the box for two minutes. Cause you know, there were nowhere near enough penalties tonight.

They have got to go back and tweak the rules again on what's a foul and what isn't. Yeah, they needed to rein in the refs who were letting every kind of restraining foul go, but it's gotten way past ridiculous, the pussification of the sport. As we saw tonight you can't touch a guy with your hand without "holding" (or if it's your stick, even ONE-HANDED, it's "hooking"). Really? This is how you wanted it? Come on. IMO if linesmen can have discretion to wave off icing whenever it happens to suit them, and refs can call nothing after eight guys trade jabs in the mouth after the whistle...then refs can also handle the concept of touching not really being a penalty either

HUGE back to back wins in TOR and OTT, not friendly arenas to the Lightning by any stretch of the imagination. I can't remember the last time that happened, if ever.

Kudos to Purcell for starting the Bolts off right. Also to Brewer, man what a beauty of a backhander to the top shelf for his first goal in a year. He made that look way too easy, didn't he? Wow

Called downtown to get some scoop on the new third...no (d)ice. Rep said they have seen no images, don't know where to get them and can't even say for sure the team colors black & blue are in it but that's the rumor. Google turned up nothing. They are really good at keeping stuff under wraps. Here's some guy's concept, which you may have seen but is pretty cool as it switches the logos and comes in black...can't say I care for the ugly name plate, though:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...OfCks4pIw4StGu
Old 03-21-2014, 05:26 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlow01 View Post
After listening to the Ottawa announcers for 5 minutes sit there and say JT Brown is a diver when he got high sticked in the face and that it shows the type of player he is not in a good way, no, no I am not. Chief admits when he is wrong on replays. He will get mad, see a replay, and at least admit he was off.

As for Roy, not going to happen. That guy has a national show in Canada, why would he step down to come do commentary for a small-market team?
Old 03-21-2014, 06:58 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
As for Roy, not going to happen.
Especially when you wouldn't be able to understand 80% of what he said!!!!