BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 03-20-2014, 01:41 PM
Brad Richard's Contract

Ranger left the hospital last night and is OK according to Boomer on his NHL radio show. I was also very surprised, that since this show is from Toronto, for Boomer and his co-host to blame this 100% on Ranger. Both said that he made a stupid move when it was clear he saw the hit coming. Boomer went onto to say the look on Killorn's face was "how the hell did that happen".

Boomer is a big fan of allowing the refs to review plays. He feels that when a 5 minute and a game is going to be given that the ref should be allowed to review the play to make sure the right call was given. He said that if they had done this in this case Killorn would had never been given the game.

Then he blamed Tampa's ability to kill the 5 minutes as to why they lost the game.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:16 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Use of 21st-century technology in the manner suggested would upset the 19th-century mentality of NHL leadership.

Other than than, it's of course a solid commonsense idea. I've long advocated for instant replay to determine the true cause of any player showing blood or other serious injury and to help officials determine who did what in an altercation, as well. No way can two guys really pinpoint all the shenanigans in a blur while the other two wrestle combatants. If guys knew they'd be held accountable by video, it'd have the same effect as video cameras in stores suppressing shoplifting. It works. Will the NHL use it? I'd sooner bet on bananas learning to fly.

Oops: “Observations do not show rising temperatures throughout the tropical troposphere unless you accept one single study...and discount a wealth of others. This is just downright dangerous. We need to communicate the uncertainty and be honest." --Peter Thorne, U.K. Met Office

Thorne in another e-mail: “I also think the science is being manipulated to put a political spin on it.”
http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybel...eir-science/2/
Old 03-20-2014, 05:50 PM
Jay Feaster's Cheeto Encrusted Thumb

Lurking at a maple leafs board last couple of days and all they seem to bitch about is the non call on the PP on TJ and how they should ease McIntyre (a 30yr rookie) into the rotation for Reimer.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:54 PM
The Constrictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
Funny that when Malone has a bad game he gets blasted but when he has a good game everyone is quiet lol. Malone was great tonight. Got two assists and filled in on the PP in Killiorn's role and did very good. I have a feeling Killer is going to get a couple games so this will be big for Panik to see if he can get back in the lineup.
Despite being an advocate of his being bought out, I actually do not have a problem with Malone in terms of the way he plays the game and his on-ice presence; however, his value as a member of the team is limited considerably by the amount of time that he misses. Further, his cap number is large (not unreasonably so, but large nonetheless) for someone who's role (at this point) as a 4th liner could be filled at a much lower price. Additionally, given the direction this team is headed (in terms of youth) I'm also an advocate of buying him out for the purpose of allowing someone with more of a future with a team his roster spot.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:44 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Malone should give everything he's got to this stretch/playoff run. He owes the organization that. And I think he's still got something left in the tank. In Pittsburgh's Cup run right before he came to Tampa bay, Malone was a playoff warrior. Would love to see a little bit of that before he gets bought out, because it seems very likely that he will get bought out.