BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 03-19-2014, 10:11 PM
John Tortorella's Binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
He looked like brown runny garbage tonight. Why do you want to trade trash for trash?
The kid needs a change of scenery. He was just fine last year in the playoffs. He's shown he can play the professional game here in north america. He is better than Lindback by a mile in my opinion. I mean he plays behind a team who gives up a bazillion shots. Besides we are talking backup here. I assume the Kristers and Vasya will be in syracuse next year so who else do you want? I am tired of seeing Anders overplay everything then be forced to flop around in the crease helplessly everytime he does so.

One persons trash is another's treasure. I'd do that deal.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:15 PM
John Tortorella's Binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieK18 View Post
Anyways, no way Leafs trade Reimer for Lindy in my thoughts.
I wasn't assuming the Leafs would ok it. I was just saying hey if Carlyle thinks that little of the guy and wants to lessen Nonis's leverage with him like that then by all means, I am a buyer. I think this offseason SY needs to address the backup situation because Bishop gets pummeled every night out there. How long can it be before the backup becomes starter.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:25 PM
Mattias Ohlund's Retirement Plans

Funny that when Malone has a bad game he gets blasted but when he has a good game everyone is quiet lol. Malone was great tonight. Got two assists and filled in on the PP in Killiorn's role and did very good. I have a feeling Killer is going to get a couple games so this will be big for Panik to see if he can get back in the lineup.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:38 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
He is better than Lindback by a mile in my opinion.
That's a rather low bar to clear. You could trip on it. And, all the other things you cite mean that Reimer will command more as an RFA than Lindback will. I'm not sure you want to pay more for a guy who will only start 25-30 games who isn't necessarily going to push Bishop. There are cheaper backup options, and Yzerman needs to be smart right now with money.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:03 PM
Oren Koules' Pocket Comb

Default anyone wants to entertain Kessler again

after last night and watching again tonight, then I would be all in favor asking SFY to make it happen. I am the biggest preseason Malone supporter there was and tonight was nice, but he ran out of juice in the third. I complained about his hooking tendencies last game and I think they appear every time he gets tired. Lot of our old guys lack staying power.

Lindback drew snickers in Nashville and hasn't progressed any with his time in Tampa. Any ways or means it takes to get rid of his salary is Ok by me. If no one would offer up for Tom Pyatt, why should they offer up for Linback? Catch Cheeto Jay in a generous mood after his evening at Flemings?

Who is gonna dance with Chris Neal when the puke emulates Clarkson tonight? Gudas is built like Neal and would be an interesting match if well. You know that Neal and the Sens are gonna be desperate and provocatory.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:54 PM
John Grahame's Designated Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
Funny that when Malone has a bad game he gets blasted but when he has a good game everyone is quiet lol. Malone was great tonight. Got two assists and filled in on the PP in Killiorn's role and did very good. I have a feeling Killer is going to get a couple games so this will be big for Panik to see if he can get back in the lineup.
I absolutely love that he had a good game, if only he could consistently do that, mainly serving as the power forward we all know we need... He can't and won't becauseeee he's too damn slow and a huge liability in his own third. The senses are still there but unfortunately the speed isn't.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:16 AM
John Tortorella's Binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
That's a rather low bar to clear. You could trip on it. And, all the other things you cite mean that Reimer will command more as an RFA than Lindback will. I'm not sure you want to pay more for a guy who will only start 25-30 games who isn't necessarily going to push Bishop. There are cheaper backup options, and Yzerman needs to be smart right now with money.
Pete, you were the one that said this was a trash for trash deal. Then you said Reimer would command more. My point was if they want to jettison Reimer I'm a buyer in a straight up deal. I never ever suggested we pay more.

We agree reimer should cost more, but, we all know there are times when teams are forced to take less in a deal due to circumstances and if Nonis' hand is forced by them sitting (and then Carlyle backing a bus over) a guy that actually has a decent record and stats in NHL then I think its worth looking at especially when Bishop gets beat up nightly.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:16 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Not sure if Malone is running out of gas in the 3rd period. He's always been a pretty athletic guy that hits the gym hard. His pass to TJ in the 3rd was a beautiful one, right where it needed to be which although just a pass - it takes some gas to do that. Slower, yes. Which is why his role is more limited now in what he does and can do compared to many of the Bolts speedy youngsters. He did make the most of his 12 minutes tonight. He's just not the 6 x 20 goal scorer he once was. He'd have to be playing a ton of minutes to come even close, which would cause either injuries or a bad +/- for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 03-20-2014, 06:43 AM
John Tortorella's Binky

Just saw the Killorn on Ranger play.

I can't imagine what rationale would exist for a suspension. Ranger looked at the clock before getting hit which must have put a thought in his mind of some sort because he immediately changes direction into Killer's path. I don't even think it should have been a major let alone a game penalty.

BTW I pride myself on not being a homer in how I look at calls so I looked at this from many sources and tried to focus on the one from Toronto's call so as not to be influenced by the Tampa broadcasts. This isn't dirty at all and Killorn has nothing to apologize for although he was classy and did just that on Rangers phone according to reports.

There is a high chance I am wrong however as Roenick agrees with me.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:47 AM
Captain Poke Check

Dreger said that there is no hearing scheduled for Killorn as of yet. That's a nothing play that happens countless times a game if Ranger does what is normal in that situation. Instead he turned directly into Killorn's path and ducked into the boards.

Ranger is lucky that Killorn only throws checks mildly harder than Teddy Purcell.