BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 03-19-2014, 08:14 PM
Swedish Battle Tank

Haven't seen callahan in a while..
Old 03-19-2014, 08:43 PM
The Constrictor

Could be the biggest win of the season tonight, way to go Bolts
Old 03-19-2014, 08:56 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default Sweet

Always sweet to beat the Leafs. Did not see the Killorn Ranger incident but from reading the other posts looks like the refs mucked that one up. Great to see Stammer get a hatter, and they looked much better in the 3rd. That PP goal by TJ was the knife to the heart, really glad to see such good puck movement on the PP. impressive outing by Big Ben again.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:22 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

For some reason I vaguely recall Ranger making similar type of moves when with the Lightning. It was just bad timing by both parties that caused the hit to be worse than intended and the associated penalty. Glad he's okay though.

Stammertime!!!! That was a fun one to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 03-19-2014, 09:26 PM
Captain Poke Check

The movement on the powerplay was awesome to see, Toronto was out of position a few times which very different considering our recent nothingness.

On another note, I sure do hate playing Toronto, I constantly get mixed up who is who, getting angry at good things and happy when bad things happen... Damn Maple Leaf blue and white...
Old 03-19-2014, 09:50 PM
Puppa Scoopah

Default tsn has the video of Ranger

and since it is the Leafs, lots of stuff from Air Canada. Did we ever get bombarded in the third? glad the refs were not persnickety on the Johnson PP goal and whether it was interference at the blue line.

I actually was railing on the Avs defense last night when they let Montreal off the hook, so I know we are not alone in suffering thru Salo like puck handling gaffes but tonight he seemed to effect a few more around him. Brewer has slowed back down to Salo speed.

I think I might be happy to see Killorn sit for a few and let Panik or Kucherov back on the ice and go with the flow. Probably the only way that Cooper makes that move right now. Kucherov has proven to me that he is a two way player and he should have some jets under him. Hope Stamkos extends his dominance to the province and not just the hometown city. Filpula is a stroke of genius and worth every cent we pay him. Don't see Callahan equaling him, in fact having #51 on his line is the biggest thing making him look a target to sign long term. Faceoffs were so key when the Leafs were pressing and Filpulla handled the call.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:54 PM
Barnacles Shout Out

The Toronto media is making quite a meal of this Reimer agent twitter event right now. This could poison the kid for the Leafs next year. Sooooo, straight up deal for Lindback anyone? They are both RFA this year and both backups that could use a fresh start. I'm down for it. Thoughts?
Old 03-19-2014, 10:01 PM
BP Staff

He looked like brown runny garbage tonight. Why do you want to trade trash for trash?
Old 03-19-2014, 10:05 PM
Jay Feaster's Cheeto Encrusted Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlow01 View Post
The Toronto media is making quite a meal of this Reimer agent twitter event right now. This could poison the kid for the Leafs next year. Sooooo, straight up deal for Lindback anyone? They are both RFA this year and both backups that could use a fresh start. I'm down for it. Thoughts?
While I like what you are thinking, I believe you might be in la-la land. Reimer has some value to any team looking for a potential starter (e.g. Islanders). Lindback we are all terrified of starting vs. the currently woeful Senators.

Both are RFAs on $1.8M contracts. To keep their rights, each team would need to give a qualifying offer at a 5-10% raise (I'm not sure with the new CBA?). Reimer has earned his QO. Lindback?? Do you want to give him that offer just to retain his rights? What if he accepts and we need to pay him $2M to be a mediocre backup?

My prediction: Reimer traded to a bad team to compete for a starting gig. Lindback on a one way ticket out of town with Greatlevskis, Vasilevkiys, or a veteran the back up option.

Anyways, no way Leafs trade Reimer for Lindy in my thoughts.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:08 PM
Jay Feaster's Cheeto Encrusted Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
He looked like brown runny garbage tonight. Why do you want to trade trash for trash?
Goaltending is a big mental game. Criticized by his coach. His agent ripping the team on twitter. Wanting out because he's not the #1 anymore. It's all in his head now. Glad we took advantage tonight.

Reimer is a decent goalie and there are lots of stats to back that up. Source from yesterday: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle17542402/

I want Bish to get a rest and I'd rather Gudlevskis play tomorrow than Lindy, but that's just me.