BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 03-03-2014, 07:44 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Second goal in two games to beat bishop shortcake under the glove (at least I think that was). I also noticed Dallas attacking that spot in the third yesterday. Something to worry about? And hooray defense. Hedman is at the point where he just chases the puck in our zone and plays no position.
Roy told them to shoot low on Bishop.

"Johnson's goal, his eighth of the season after getting zero in 2012-13, came after he stole the puck in the offensive zone and stick-handled to the corner. It was at that moment when he remembered one of coach Patrick Roy's instructions on how to beat Lightning goalie Ben Bishop.

"Literally the whole game, Patrick just kept saying, 'Shoot it at his feet, shoot it at his feet,' " Johnson said."
Old 03-03-2014, 08:00 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

As Bishop goes, so go the Bolts.

Really neither goalie looked at the top of his game last night...this is at least one pt. for the Road Points Needlessly Pissed Away Column. Dammit, looked like we were gonna get lucky there. As it is the Lightning had a generous handful of lucky breakouts when their careless puckhandling in front of Bishop didn't sting them as it could have.

To watch the interference happening on that ice, do nothing, and then call that goalie interference penalty with Namestnikov five feet out of the crease and jumping to avoid a shot and goalie sliding into HIM ...no adequate description exists of how pathetic that is. Kind of like our PP and PK.

When your lone bright spots are Mike Kostka picking up a couple assists and Nate Thompson jamming in a couple unlikely ones,...rough night. Even though they played better than they did in DAL, that ain't saying much. Not looking forward to the Blues game...this road trip to hell cannot end soon enough. Then while we're out of the country for the entire homestand, with no TV or internet (), probably they'll kick major ass in that half dozen games and right the ship, setting up what I like to call the Real March Madness
Old 03-03-2014, 08:40 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

The goalie interference penalty was as bad as I have seen. The THREE after that were warranted. Bishop looks to me like he is getting frustrated, not just by his invincibility leaving him, but possibly by the lack of any semblence of a defense.

At this point, I think lines need to be seriously adjusted. To me, it makes no sense that someone with 8 minutes TOI was able to have the second most shots on the team. At some point in the very near future with Filipila and Stamkos coming back, I think serious consideration needs to be made about sitting Purcell at least a game or two. I've defended him before, but no goals and 3 assists in 11 games is not good enough from a second line forward with better than 15 minutes a game. The Gudas injury, to me, summed up my problem with him at this point very well. Did anyone think he was getting that shot off when they saw those guys converging (with Gudas like 2-3 strides off the pace)? Yet instead of trying to poke it to a better position, he winds up to crank a shot which could have easily led to an odd man break. He has completely lost his mental feel for the game. And I hate this Hedman floater position in our defensive zone. Eh, whatever, gross game, I'm done getting worked up over it, kind of the nor for this team now.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:55 AM
Captain Poke Check

You mean this Creative Bit of Officiating?

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:23 PM
Old-Skool Assassin

Yeah...un be frickin lieveable...hey ref, head meet anus...
Old 03-04-2014, 03:44 PM
John Tortorella's Doghouse

Quote:
I think serious consideration needs to be made about sitting Purcell at least a game or two. I've defended him before, but no goals and 3 assists in 11 games is not good enough from a second line forward with better than 15 minutes a game.
Purcell is just bad this year. If you watch carefully, he almost never wins a puck battle, and turns the puck over more than half the time he has it. It is getting really hard to watch him stagger to the finish line. I wonder if SFY is happy about that 4 plus mil he gave him....
Old 03-04-2014, 04:12 PM
Cooper's Law

The Lightning have a real problem with away games with Fill and Stammer out. Whenever, they put out the Ov line, Colorado put out the Duchene line who just ate them up - and it ended up costing them the game.

The Purcell line is responsible defensively.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
The Lightning have a real problem with away games with Fill and Stammer out. Whenever, they put out the Ov line, Colorado put out the Duchene line who just ate them up - and it ended up costing them the game.

The Purcell line is responsible defensively.
What's the ov line? Purcell ain't getting 4 plus to keep the puck outta the net....
Old 03-04-2014, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalskate View Post
What's the ov line? Purcell ain't getting 4 plus to keep the puck outta the net....
Wizards of Ov. Kucherov, Namestnikov, and Brown(ov). The most potent line in the AHL first couples months of the season, until Stamkos went down and Brown and Kucherov were recalled. J.T. Brown changed his name on twitter to Brownov since he had been inducted as an honorary Russian. https://twitter.com/JTBrown23
Old 03-04-2014, 07:07 PM

That's funny- I completely missed that when it came about- tks. That line struggled defensively sure- they are young AND undersized, especially against Colorado's bruisers- Love the scoring oppotunities Koochie gets- boy if he coulda finished a few in the last few games, woulda been a big lift... Point is though, TP16 is really, really, really, really struggling. Badly. He looks terrible out there. Maybe he does need to sit a game- coming off of a long hiatis though, he should be healthy, but he looks injured....