BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 03-02-2014, 03:20 PM
Mattias Ohlund's Retirement Plans

Default Lightning @ Avalanche 3/2/14

LIGHTNING (34-21-5) vs. AVALANCHE (38-17-5)
Game Time: 8:00 P.M. EST
TV: Sun Sports
Old 03-02-2014, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO
Same lineup for #tblightning vs Avalanche tonight, so Bishop back in net, Filppula (ankle) out, Kostka dresses as 7th Dman
Old 03-02-2014, 04:19 PM
Cooper's Law

I'll be in the 200s behind goal.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Cooper's Law

I do wish Cooper would have started Guds. I get that Bishop is hot after last night and if he says he can go then he can go but Cooper has to be able to tell him that he's going to sit this one out and save that energy for the down the stretch and not put him through the added injury risk.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:50 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

He is able to. Like I said this was an easy call for Cooper. Ben just had three weeks off, what better way to get in playoff shape than to play some games. Except for that soft wraparound last night, he looks like he hasn't missed a beat.

I think they played somewhat better vs. DAL than in NSH, and they'll look even better tonight. I predict a close game but another road win, with Bishop the star of the game--again
Old 03-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
I do wish Cooper would have started Guds. I get that Bishop is hot after last night and if he says he can go then he can go but Cooper has to be able to tell him that he's going to sit this one out and save that energy for the down the stretch and not put him through the added injury risk.
There's zero reason to play any other goalie until we clinch a playoff spot.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:05 PM
Steve Downie's Kisses

Anyone else bothered by Cooper's comments in today's paper after yesterday's game?

"I'm a big believer in going hard to the net. But he was getting bumped quite often in the game," Lightning coach Jon Cooper said. "At some point I thought there was going to be a call, but I guess not.

"I don't think it's really hurting him. But it affects you when you get knocked around. 'Bish' is a fighter. He's not one of those guys who is going to lay down and take getting hit. He'll stand in there."

No mention of our defensemen. No mention of why no one will help "Bish" out by clearing out these guys crashing the net. Why does "Bish" have to "not lay down and take getting hit"? Our defensemen are certainly large enough to help their goalie out, but they don't and our head coach doesn't say anything about it? Unless it's behind closed doors
Old 03-02-2014, 07:26 PM
Oren Koules' Pocket Comb

Default well Coop can just join us in the chorus

Brewer is playing big again, but has lost a step and Hedman is still more stick checker than body checker. Gudas is a marked man and different than the kid we saw come up last year. Never have considered Salo anything but European in his hockey orientation.

I thought Bish was gonna have to stick up for Namestinkov in the Nashville game. He was criminally abused along the boards in the corner many times right behind Bish.

Laissez le rouler and Happy Mardi Gras just a little early. All I gotta do is say something bad and the result is a good game from the named parties to prove I ain't got a clue. Throw Kucherov and Tyler into the corps not destined for tough play and let em show me up.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:38 PM
Chris Gratton's Ruby Slippers

Is Ben the best breakaway goalie in the league? Can't recall seeing him be anything other than completely unfazed.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:42 PM
Mattias Ohlund's Retirement Plans

Good to see Pyatt upping his trade value