BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 03-21-2018, 02:07 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Default 2018 Race for the Presidents' Trophy

Last year I made up some graphics to track the Lightning's progress toward making the playoffs -- which they ultimately came up just short on. This year, I'll do one for their run for the league's regular season championship.

Save your "curse" talk, this is just for fun!

Nashville's got a lead with a game in hand, but the Lightning are solidly in second -- and first in the race for the East crown. Three other teams are still in striking distance.

(I'll put the opponent logos on the chart in a day or two)

Old 03-21-2018, 09:39 PM

Bruins drop another point, losing in OT to the Blues. Now 4 points behind with a game in hand.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:49 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

It’s going to be very annoying when Nashville’s loser points win them the President’s Trophy.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:39 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBolt View Post
It’s going to be very annoying when Nashville’s loser points win them the President’s Trophy.
Doesn't matter. If the Bolts make it far enough for it to matter that they lost the President's Trophy, we'll be in the finals. I don't think we win that series anyway. Their D is far better than ours and their goaltending is a wash with ours if both are playing their A games.
The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense! - Brian Cox
Old 03-21-2018, 11:43 PM

Updated through March 21.

Old 03-22-2018, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
Doesn't matter. If the Bolts make it far enough for it to matter that they lost the President's Trophy, we'll be in the finals. I don't think we win that series anyway. Their D is far better than ours and their goaltending is a wash with ours if both are playing their A games.
Our offense is better though?
Old 03-22-2018, 09:23 AM

If we can ramp up the offensive possession Penguins style, that seemed to work last year for a team that was arguably inferior in all the same aspects.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:28 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
If we can ramp up the offensive possession Penguins style, that seemed to work last year for a team that was arguably inferior in all the same aspects.
Penguins were unstoppable because of them having 3 dominant possession scoring lines. If TJ and Killorn go beast mode, that could happen. Most nights TJ is just a passenger though.
The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense! - Brian Cox
Old 03-22-2018, 09:42 AM
Crispy's Notepad

Default athletic does daily updates and odds also

this a.m, we win the east 115 points .......Nashville 118 points. Broons project to 111 by their methodology

https://theathletic.com/117980/2018/...-probabilities
Old 03-22-2018, 10:10 AM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
Penguins were unstoppable because of them having 3 dominant possession scoring lines. If TJ and Killorn go beast mode, that could happen. Most nights TJ is just a passenger though.
I was going to mention 17 again before the Leafs game. I’ve seen much stronger play with and without the puck. And we’ve seen this previously with him. So, yes, how does TJ elevate his play in these remaining games..? I don’t think you can “flip the switch” against teams like the Pens, Bruins, or the Preds.