BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 02-20-2013, 08:07 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

For all the grief Malone gets, he has created a hole that hasn't been filled. The power play hasn't been as effective without him being in front of the net. They've tried moving Vinny back up to the first line and last night it was Killorn. Moving Vinny keeps the second unit from being as effective.

I would like to see the Panik attack get some more regular playing time with regular line mates. Last night he was in all sorts of combinations. There were the two rushes when he looked like a player ready to step up. Other times, he made quick passes before he had to, and those passes had no purpose.

I think when Malone comes back, Panik goes down. He looks like he has a lot of potential, but he hasn't steped up like Cory or Alex. But he hasn't been given the same opportunity either.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:26 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
I think BurnTHalO that you and I should apply for a consultant/assistant coach position. We could then adjourn to Hattricks with the Chief after practice...first shot is on me.
I'm in
Old 02-20-2013, 09:50 AM
Steve Downie's Kisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Love seeing this fight. From the team, from Hedman, from Aulie. Take your pick.

Loved the last two shots Fraser threw on Aulie. That one was sarcasm.
Cue up the Aulie/Fraser (Ali/Frazier) lines.

If only Aulie had KO'd him we could be saying "down goes Fraser, down goes Fraser"

Hedman got a nice ovation after his tussle (and well deserved). Great to see him stand up for himself.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:22 AM
Dave Mishkin's Larynx

Default Scrivens little trip

How about the nice trip by Scrivens on Panik. That's the kind of play that a player can get hurt on (going into the boards like Panik did.) The thing that pissed me off was those were the types of plays he made last year during the Calder Cup playoffs - dirty plays by the goalie. Someone in the NHL is not going to like this and go after him (especially if a teammate gets injured by this type of play!)

When I saw him do this I thought "that's the stuff he pulled last year"

I just hope Panik skated by and said "Loser again - I got the ring from last year!"
Old 02-20-2013, 11:18 AM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Brown - Crombeen

They square off in the corner, and both latch on for position. BJ opens with rights and Brown answers with lefts. Brown pins Crombeen against the boards as they continue to wrestle. The ref comes in and asks if they're done, and Brown sneaks in a late punch. Brown seemed to say something to the refs about coming in too early and then said something to Crombeen, to which he replied "I'm alright".

Edge Crombeen for landing better during their short exchange.

Brown seemed to be weaker without the 'stache.

Kadri - Hedman

Kadri starts off with a crosscheck on Hedman, Hedman hits Kadri with a right and he goes to a knee. Everyone on the ice is in the scrum with Kadri-Hedman in the middle. Kadri suckers a left over another Leaf who's holding on to Hedman. Hedman fires another right back, and they have a small exchange, Hedman with rights, Kadri with lefts. They move back into the group of players mulling around and fall too the ice.

DIASF

Fraser - Aulie

Another corner square off. Fraser starts throwing rights, 3 of which land, one to the body, Aulie answers with a right of his own. Fraser throws another body shot and then goes for Aulie's helmet. Aulie throws 3-4 rights while Fraser is after the helmet, 2-3 of which land. Fraser finally gets the helmet off and lands 2 big lefts, down goes Aulie.

Win Fraser.

It's a shame, there was no way Crombeen was going to go with Orr, even to defend Lecavalier.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:56 AM
Cooper's Law

You could easily hear the linesman twice ask, "Brownie, are you hurt?" before stepping in to get between him and Crombeen; then Brown threw the late shot. That pissed the linesman off. The mike then cuts out but you can plainly see the linesman tell Brown, "Don't f$%&ing...[unintelligible] You're getting ten! You're getting ten! OK?" Great work by the camera operator there, as well as the linesman

Last edited by Top Shelf; 02-21-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:29 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by uf1910 View Post
Cue up the Aulie/Fraser (Ali/Frazier) lines.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:44 AM
John Tortorella's Doghouse

We don't have anyone on the ice to "go" with Orr-That would just be too much for Y to swallow, giving up a roster spot for that purpose alone- Crombeaner would get pulverized into hummus by Orr- possibly spoon fed by a monkey even... no reason to do that- Aulie technically lost sure- but- Fraser did have to resort to punching him in the back of the head to do it- looked to me like fraser was borderline over the "code" in that bout, he looked for a second like he was going to punch aulie while he was down-
Brown proved what a punk he is by the late cheap shot in an otherwise fair bout-
For the record I believe it would be good to have a player on the roster who could make guys like Brown and Neil regret ( at least for one night) being punks...Somebody needs to tell Hedman to tuck his chin...
Old 02-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalskate View Post
We don't have anyone on the ice to "go" with Orr-That would just be too much for Y to swallow, giving up a roster spot for that purpose alone- Crombeaner would get pulverized into hummus by Orr- possibly spoon fed by a monkey even... no reason to do that- Aulie technically lost sure- but- Fraser did have to resort to punching him in the back of the head to do it- looked to me like fraser was borderline over the "code" in that bout, he looked for a second like he was going to punch aulie while he was down-
Yeah....no....those punches were perfectly within the code. Once Aulie lost his helmet, he started trying to avoid Fraser, and sometimes it throws things off balance.

Quote:
Brown proved what a punk he is by the late cheap shot in an otherwise fair bout-
No, he's an okay guy. It was an honest misunderstanding. It's hard to have ALL your bearings when you're in a situation like that.

Quote:
For the record I believe it would be good to have a player on the roster who could make guys like Brown and Neil regret ( at least for one night) being punks...Somebody needs to tell Hedman to tuck his chin...
Wishful thinking.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:08 AM
XO Sniper

Just watched the Crombeen fight again... Brown definitely throws one late after the ref slowly came in. It looked to me like he understood what was going on.