BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Talk

Old 12-02-2018, 11:30 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via AIM to Maverick9911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
Not me. This is the Jameis I want to see. More of a manager of the game than a gunslinger.
Agreed. Amazing what a little patience can do when you have a run game that isn't abysmal and a defense that actually shows up.

If only this could've happened a few weeks earlier as opposed to stubbornly fawning over fluky "magic" and a terrible defensive scheme, putting lots of jobs on the line as a result.
Old 12-03-2018, 12:22 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

That's assuming that the Jameis we have seen the past two weeks would have been the one playing in the games he was benched. I don't disagree that he was a better choice to start than Fitz, but you can easily make the case that the benching really woke him up. We have never seen Jameis play as smart and as cautious as he's been these two games.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:57 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
That's assuming that the Jameis we have seen the past two weeks would have been the one playing in the games he was benched. I don't disagree that he was a better choice to start than Fitz, but you can easily make the case that the benching really woke him up. We have never seen Jameis play as smart and as cautious as he's been these two games.
Agreed on all of this. Jameis was ignoring play calls and throwing into triple coverage when they went back to Fitz.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:54 AM
Cooper's Law

Completely different-looking team with a pass rush and a QB who doesn’t turn it over 2-4 times a game. Ive seen one ill-advised pass in two weeks from Jameis. It’s a relief to think the franchise still might have one key building block in place. I still think Licht and Koetter suck and must not come back. They’ve proven that they absolutely cannot get through to the team when adversity hits early in the season. Every year we’ve seen one tailspin that results in a 2-5 or 3-7 record, and there’s just no way the Bucs can risk that happening again. The offense is good. I get it. But Koetter can’t coach a full team. If continuity is what we want, we should bring back Monken and hire Jim Schwartz as head coach. He’s an excellent, aggressive defensive coordinator with head coaching experience, he’s been around and won a Super Bowl with Doug Pederson (a good offensive mind and head coach), and his defensive style fits our personnel. New GM + Schwartz + Monken + Jameis = real team.
Old 12-03-2018, 12:12 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Very good, everyone doing just well enough to give Jameis $120 million so he can regress again and play like Great Value Andy Dalton, and then do something else embarrassing off the field so you have to get rid of him and eat all the guaranteed money.
Old 12-03-2018, 12:23 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via AIM to Maverick9911

Yeah, I don't see that rumored $120 mil deal coming anytime soon since they have the 5th year option.

I'd have loved to have had a Great Value Andy Dalton during the Gradkowski-Simms-McCown-McCown-Leftwich-Freeman-Glennon-Dilfer-Erickson-Rattay-Zeier days.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:27 PM
Cooper's Law

Don’t forget that franchising a QB for one year at a time is actually a reasonable rate while you’re still evaluating for a long-term contract. Similar to what the Skins did with Cousins (they ultimately decided to let him walk). So the Bucs really have no reason to extend Jameis at anytime over the next THREE YEARS unless he earns it on and off the field. Basically the only reason to extend a QB is to save money, because you are certain that they deserve to be the face of your franchise.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:06 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Does BoltsJolts on Twitter post here? He had a good point about the visor and Jameis’s bad vision. There’s no such thing as a prescription visor, but if it makes him more confident in wearing his contact lenses that could be a big deal. It would be really funny if he really just needed glasses all along, like Rick Vaughn or something.
Old 12-09-2018, 02:35 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

The job Mike Smith did looks worse every week. It is amazing how prepared this defense has been the last few weeks. Not to mention doing it with half our starting defense out.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:18 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

New kicker next week?