BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Talk

Old 08-15-2012, 07:37 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

They are STACKING UFC on Fox 5. Henderson/Diaz headliner, Gustafosson/Shogun, and Penn/McDonald.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Manon Rheaume Lookalike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Sure, but the fact is Edgar has 18 fights, 11 decisions, and is 6-3-1 over his last 10 with 2 finishes. I just don't feel terrible for him.
I don't know man, I can't fault a guy just because he doesn't always finish fights. He goes out there with heart every time and doesn't deserve to get screwed like that just because he didn't finish a fight, especially against Henderson who is extremely tough to put away. A common saying in MMA is "Don't leave it in the hands of the judges", but I think it's a load of crap. Sometimes finishes just don't happen, and some guys are better at it than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
They are STACKING UFC on Fox 5. Henderson/Diaz headliner, Gustafosson/Shogun, and Penn/McDonald.
Yeah, saw that. Three intriguing fights for sure. That looks like a top notch PPV main card right there, and there's plenty more room for great fights.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:20 PM
Manon Rheaume Lookalike

Btw, Sonnen will be fighting Forrest Griffin in December.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:54 PM
Manon Rheaume Lookalike

Quote:
Vitor Belfort joined Blackzillians? Fuck... I was going to bet him over Alan Belcher at -200, but now? PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS!!!
https://twitter.com/GamblingFury
Old 08-18-2012, 07:59 PM

No freaking way, that sucks, always liked Belfort. I am really high on Belcher as well, I think he is vastly underrated.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:00 PM

What are the Blackzilians?
Old 08-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Manon Rheaume Lookalike

A group of fighters who train at the Jaco Hybrid Training Center in Delray Beach. Despite having a lot of big names, their combined record is atrocious and very few guys have actually looked better since joining that team. There are also apparently some "behind the scenes" issues. Their main coach recently left as well.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouché View Post
A group of fighters who train at the Jaco Hybrid Training Center in Delray Beach. Despite having a lot of big names, their combined record is atrocious and very few guys have actually looked better since joining that team. There are also apparently some "behind the scenes" issues. Their main coach recently left as well.
So why are fighters joining them if no one actually gets better after going there?
Old 08-19-2012, 06:09 PM
Manon Rheaume Lookalike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
So why are fighters joining them if no one actually gets better after going there?
-----------------------------------

Quote:
it appears Vitor is w/ Blackzillians which pretty much eliminates possibility of Rashad to 185. Unlimited budget there
Quote:
It's hard for a fighter to say no to Blackzillians. Resources they put at their fighters disposal is unheard of in this biz.
Quote:
$$$$ comes From owner Glenn Robinson. Hardware wholesaler. Has contracts with major national chains
https://twitter.com/frontrowbrian

Last edited by Bouché; 08-19-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:39 AM
Manon Rheaume Lookalike

This may have been the craziest 24-48 hours in UFC history, at least that I can remember. So...

-Henderson pulls out of Jones fight (UFC 151 booked for Sept 1) with torn MCL
-White calls Sonnen who offered to fill in 8 days notice, Machida was unavailable.
-Jones turns down Sonnen fight and because of that, UFC 151 was cancelled. Dana goes on to bash Greg Jackson for wanting Jones not to take the fight.
-An infuriated White announces Machida/Jones for Sept. 22
-Machida turns down the fight
-Belfort steps in to fight Jones at UFC 152 in Toronto

In the end of the day, Jones proves to the world what a massively selfish hypocrite he is. Sonnen is basically out of shape by fighter standards and due to the closeness of UFC 151, he wouldn't have even been able to train at all for the fight. Huge advantage for Jones.

Meanwhile, Jones has been training for well over a month and is in great shape to go, yet he refuses to fight Sonnen even knowing that the event will be cancelled because of it. Every other fighter on the card is out of a payday (except for FTF fighters whose sponsors will cover them) not to mention training/travel/etc. costs associated with preparing for a fight. Hell, it even affected Joe Rogan, whose comedy show at Mandalay Bay the night before was cancelled. Then there's the fans who made arrangements and UFC employees who spent a ton of time working on the event itself.

Jones' reasoning for doing this is beyond pathetic ("I want my fights to be perfect and a thing of beauty so I'd need more time", something along those lines), and it comes after saying such things as "I fight for money,I'm a businessman" (Sonnen is a bigger draw than Henderson) and "I'd fight Chael Sonnen in heartbeat" (which he said on a radio show recently). He has also been quoted as saying "I've never turned down an MMA fight and I never will." This guy is just all over the map, and while he was within his rights to do what he did, it's one of the most selfish and hypocritical things I've seen someone do. I have no respect for this guy whatsoever even though he's a phenomenal talent.

Chael Sonnen sums it up perfectly in the video below. The whole interview is good but in the second half up until the end he touches on the effects it has on everyone involved.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

On the flip side, I'm glad I didn't sell my UFC 152 tickets!

This also opens the door for a possible Weidman/Belcher matchup.

Last edited by Bouché; 08-24-2012 at 01:51 AM.