BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Talk

Old 03-05-2018, 10:40 PM
Cooper's Law

Default Bucs/NFL '18-'19

With free agency approaching, Bucs fans basically lost their damn minds over the weekend, as the team with the worst pass rush by far in the NFL watched from the sidelines as a 27-year-old defensive end with great career sack numbers was traded for peanuts. Reports are that Bucs GM/human traffic barricade Jason Licht offered a 4th-round-pick to the Rams for Robert Quinn. But somehow he was traded to the Dolphins for a lower 4th-rounder and a swap of 6ths. It smells like a lie that Licht is leaking to the media to cover his ass, because there's no way the Rams would prefer a lower draft pick in trade. But the bigger concern is: What in the fuck is wrong with the Bucs GM?? The guy seems near incompetence when it comes to evaluating and procuring pro personnel. His free agent track record is simply abysmal. Whatever remaining defenders he had seem to have thrown themselves overboard now, as the worst pass rushing team in the NFL seems to have no real plan to address its biggest, most obvious need.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:21 PM
Cooper's Law

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Well said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 03-06-2018, 06:39 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Let's see what happens in free agency. I won't keep my hopes up
Old 03-18-2018, 09:47 AM

What do you all think about the Bucs recent moves? I'm not up to speed enough on the depth charts, but the Jensen signing moves Marpet back to guard so they might be set on the O-Line, and they signed three defensive linemen.

Not sure who they are wanting in the draft. Maybe the plan is still to draft a DE like Chubb but if Barkley drops they may opt for him instead, some scouts have him as a generational RB.
Old 03-18-2018, 09:53 AM
Cooper's Law

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

I didn’t spend much time checking into who the signed on the d-line as I was on vacation but at first brush it looked like two 3rd (or 2nd) stringers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 03-18-2018, 12:23 PM
Cooper's Law

Vinny Curry is a legit pass-rushing DE, probably becomes the best one on our roster. Don't let his sack numbers bother you. He had 41 QB pressures last year. He's a very good piece, but we still need at least one more like him if this Bucs braintrust has figured out the importance of having a DE rotation.

The two DTs are good run-stuffers. I'd like to see Clinton McDonald come back, but that's probably a decision for after the draft. We also need another CB capable of competing for the starting job opposite Grimes. And we need a starting strong safety (there are a few good options in free agency, but I won't be surprised if Licht chooses to wait).

The OL still needs to upgrade Sweezy. They'll keep him until the draft to see if they can get that done. If so, they can cut him with no dead money. If not, they'll rave about his tough personality and give him another chance. Running back has become arguably this team's biggest need. No one should think of Peyton Barber as a three-down starter. I'd be ecstatic if Saquon Barkley fell to us, but we should be able to draft a starter even if we use our second-round pick.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:09 PM

Would you be willing to trade up for Barkley? Quite a few holes on this team, but it might be worth giving up the picks to get him.
Old 03-18-2018, 02:22 PM
Cooper's Law

Best case scenario for the Bucs would be if 4 teams take QB's in the first 6 picks which I don't think is a stretch at this point. That would guarantee one of DE Chubb, RB Barkely, or OG Nelson will be on the board at 7.
Old 03-18-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
Best case scenario for the Bucs would be if 4 teams take QB's in the first 6 picks which I don't think is a stretch at this point. That would guarantee one of DE Chubb, RB Barkely, or OG Nelson will be on the board at 7.
I'm seeing mocks with Nelson dropping down below 10 for some reason, I guess because of his position.
Old 03-18-2018, 02:46 PM
Cooper's Law

I just don't see him falling that far. He might even go #2 to the Giants if they don't trade the pick. The Bucs getting Jensen may even end up helping them get Chubb. Indy wanted Jensen for the OG position, so they could take Nelson over Chubb if both are there at #6.