BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 08-10-2018, 08:25 PM
The Bulin Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
Monsanto found liable for giving a man terminal cancer due to exposure to Roundup.

$289million awarded by jury.

See if they actually have to ever pay out.

I feel like shit for the guy, but there is no scientific evidence that roundup causes cancer. Monsanto (now Bayer) May be a crappy corporation but the science doesn’t support the verdict.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:46 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhebner View Post
I feel like shit for the guy, but there is no scientific evidence that roundup causes cancer. Monsanto (now Bayer) May be a crappy corporation but the science doesn’t support the verdict.
Eh. I wouldn't say their isn't any evidence, I'd say it's non-conclusive at this point. There are studies out there on both sides, there just isn't enough yet to really say one way or the other.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:20 PM
The Bulin Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Eh. I wouldn't say their isn't any evidence, I'd say it's non-conclusive at this point. There are studies out there on both sides, there just isn't enough yet to really say one way or the other.
Sorry but the peer reviewed science disagrees. On the spectrum of things that definitely cause cancer like tobacco products asbestos and bischloromethyl ether and things that most likely don’t cause cancer like water, roundup is a lot closer to water in that regard. It’s much more likely that this poor guy got cancer from somewhere or something else.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:44 PM

Yeah $289 million is ridiculous for something with no actual science to back it up.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:23 PM
The Bulin Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Yeah $289 million is ridiculous for something with no actual science to back it up.

I wish my dad got that much for his asbestos case. Turned his lungs to stone basically
Old 08-10-2018, 10:37 PM

Quote:
I wish my dad got that much for his asbestos case. Turned his lungs to stone basically
A certain real estate developer who has moved on to bigger and better things believes that asbestos is a great product and harmed no one. Just another hoax.

That guy is obviously a demented moron.

My wife worked for Celotex in 1980 in their legal dept. Ugly.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
hmm so the ignorance (uhh , non college ,white men, no real debate here IMO) is a result of too much gov't?? Don't quite get that one.
So am I correct to say that you feel all non college white men are stupid and are unable to do anything thing?

Once again you, pete and Zyke just lump everyone into one category to fit your blatant dislike for one segment of our society. It is with attitudes like this that no one can get along unless with think you.

You see, I know many people, of all genders and all races, that did not have the opportunity to attend college and I bet many are smarter than you 3.

But no, you look down upon those that did not have the same opportunities as you.

This site is turning into a real joke.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Sorry but the peer reviewed science disagrees. On the spectrum of things that definitely cause cancer like tobacco products asbestos and bischloromethyl ether and things that most likely don’t cause cancer like water, roundup is a lot closer to water in that regard. It’s much more likely that this poor guy got cancer from somewhere or something else.
Oh I dont disagree with that. But there are some epediomomogical studies that show some correlations. Again. Far from scientific fact, but there are some peer reviewed articles showing a possible link at high doses. I honestly dont disagree that this is probably overturned based on evidence either, but there are some studies that link them (I mean heck, the main scientist for monsato spent most of her time attacking those studies).
Old 08-11-2018, 10:31 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
So am I correct to say that you feel all non college white men are stupid and are unable to do anything thing?

Once again you, pete and Zyke just lump everyone into one category to fit your blatant dislike for one segment of our society. It is with attitudes like this that no one can get along unless with think you.

You see, I know many people, of all genders and all races, that did not have the opportunity to attend college and I bet many are smarter than you 3.

But no, you look down upon those that did not have the same opportunities as you.

I am certainly NOT contending that non college white guys are inferior in intellect. You completely missed the point with your "too much government" assertion. . And a response is not worth the effort.
Old 08-11-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post

Boy did you miss the point of the post.