BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 07:34 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via AIM to Maverick9911

Quote:
You know on second thought I was told that this was a pretty good board. But I can see now that out of your 300+ members it really is just controlled by 5-6 people. Hope you all have fun playing with yourselves.
http://youtu.be/5MtQH5rg1fA?t=2m57s
Old 08-26-2013, 09:33 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
I just worry with Iran rattling their mouth and Russia.
That's the whole reason Obama HAS to do something. It has nothing to do with Assad. Obama's got to show even some token follow through to show Iran and Russia that when the US issues red lines, there are some consequences for them being crossed. They've already said, though, that there will be no boots on the ground and no no-fly zone.

Quote:
We can do the air strikes and never enter their air space while targeting their airstrips, planes and helos.
There's very little reason for the US to ever be involved in a full scale ground war ever again. The campaign in Serbia proved that the US can effectively cause regime changes in countries simply by asserting constant air power and using special forces and intelligence assets.

As I argued back in 2002-2004, that is how you knew the Bush Administration's rationale for sending in ground troops was bullshit. They didn't ever have to send in occupying forces to kick Saddam out. If they followed the same strategy as in Serbia, someone in the Iraqi military or the opposition would've deposed Saddam for us once they got sick of being bombed into the stone age. But, in that scenario, there would have been no opportunity to seize the oil fields. So that's why the tanks got sent in.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:05 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
Not all of the 300+ members venture into the news thread because that tends to lead to very heated debates(as you have experienced).

A vast majority of the people are here for hockey and most likely discuss their news elsewhere.
Who knew a hockey board in August would be low on hockey talk? Shocker, right?
Old 08-27-2013, 11:20 AM
Cooper's Law

Why does Iraq sell most of its oil to China then? I know the entire Iraq war was a quagmire, but out of all their retarded promises ("We will be greeted as liberators!") the very least the Hawks could have delivered on was the cheaper gas prices they inferred we'd benefit from by invading.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:13 PM
BP Staff

Because they couldn't get away with stealing the oil rights in broad daylight.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:35 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Side View Post
I will say that neither side can be substantiated.
Really? Seems like a yes or no situation. New regs or no new regs.

This "we are all equally to blame" panty waist attitude is just plain wrong.

Like wearing a custom hockey sweater that is half Lightning and half 'turds.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:42 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Why can't passionate, informed people post with that much rigor?
Very, very few dems are as rigid and non-analytical as he is. Or as unwilling to compromise.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:27 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
Really? Seems like a yes or no situation. New regs or no new regs.

This "we are all equally to blame" panty waist attitude is just plain wrong.
I took that as TOS' admission of failure in the debate. "Both sides are wrong" ... "I'm actually a Democrat" ... "just kidding" ... and "why don't you go look it up" is just a pathetic bowl of slop.

It was all mildly entertaining, but I'm glad he left this particular forum. Hope he doesn't come back. His opinions were shallow, regurgitated talking-point garbage -- none of which spoke very well of his capacity to form rational thoughts or certainly cogent arguments. In other words ... exactly the kind of crap that makes me pray for demographic change to put the Tea Party out of business.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:08 AM
Cooper's Law

Another one bites the dust.

I like a good debate, even though I don't agree with the other side's (<-- pun) version of events. TOS had almost nothing to offer for discussion. You would think that before somebody started throwing accusations and dirt around they'd at least have some data to back them up.

Last edited by the_narrow_way; 08-28-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:42 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via AIM to Maverick9911

Quote:
I took that as TOS' admission of failure in the debate. "Both sides are wrong" ... "I'm actually a Democrat" ... "just kidding" ... and "why don't you go look it up" is just a pathetic bowl of slop.
That's the main reason I swore he was/is really WaiverWire. The latter was notorious for pulling that old "BOTH parties suck, I'm an independent/don't vote based on party lines" standard, yet he'd almost never say anything kind about a Democrat, was always the first one to throw out "nanny nanny boo boo" comments and smilies if one did something bad, and always backed any Republican candidate.

"Oh I'm all for independent news sources. Here's a link to Fox News/The Heritage Foundation/The Cato Institute!!"
Closed Thread