BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 11:04 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Side View Post
Sorry for the bong reference.

But you made my point Donnie on the other. The tea party is the minority. They would have to swing votes from non tea party republicans in order to #1 dump Boehner and #2 elect one of their own. They can always elect to not vote, in which case the democrats could possibly cast the majority of votes. That is what it would take for the democrats to win. But like I said I think they would not like to see Pelosi back in power.

Thus it is time for Boehner to be a leader and make the tea party know their place. But as with Obama and Reid I will not hold my breath.

What I found hard to take with you, and some others, is that you are all in with one party and the other can drop off the face of the earth. It is that attitude that has caused the divide with our system. I put out one sides suggestions and then respond to your demonizing that side. I try to show that both sides are just as at fault as the other. You, and others, it is just "be damn the republicans".
I'm a registered republican. What was it Reagan used to say? "I didn't leave the democratic party, they left me."

Of course some other folks switched too. Like that Goldwater Girl and the president of the Wellesley Young Republicans - Hillary Clinton.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:38 PM
BP Staff

God you are delusional. Absolutely delusional. You act as if the whole Hastert Rule doesn't exist. Poof. Just ignore it TOS. It doesn't exist, because you pretend it doesn't.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Awwww, but they do have a bill. Don't mean for you to hack up a meal but it is from Fox.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...-alternatives/
Humorous. The rational minority of the House GOP may have a few random thoughts, but hardly a bill that they would advance to a vote on the floor. Or perhaps you haven't noticed that they have never voted on such a plan? Hamsters rule, squeal and repeal, commitment to doing nothing. Take your pick.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:20 AM

Quote:

I admit I am prejudice. I can not stand people that refuse to sit and listen to others views and then try to sit down and solve our problems together. I do not look at compromise as a bad thing, but something that needs to happened if we want our system of laws and our government to work.
Goofy. You say this then defend the Republican Party. What you seem to reject is the fact that the tea party IS the Republican Party. They have moderates by the short hairs as they know if they block the tea party agenda of do nothing, they will be "primaried" and replaced by a wack job like Mike Lee, Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, or Marsha Blackburn. There is no center right, they are extinct.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:07 AM
Swedish Battle Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
I'm a registered republican. What was it Reagan used to say? "I didn't leave the democratic party, they left me."

Of course some other folks switched too. Like that Goldwater Girl and the president of the Wellesley Young Republicans - Hillary Clinton.
I can hardly wait for Hillary to take center stage.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:10 AM
Swedish Battle Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
Humorous. The rational minority of the House GOP may have a few random thoughts, but hardly a bill that they would advance to a vote on the floor. Or perhaps you haven't noticed that they have never voted on such a plan? Hamsters rule, squeal and repeal, commitment to doing nothing. Take your pick.
Sorry if I don't see all bad in someone or some groups. I still believe there are some good people in the republican party, just like there is good in the democrat party or those that are liberal or independent.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:17 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro View Post
Personally, I don't like it either. We should throw away for profit health care system and do a single payer system.
Sign me up.

Quote:
I don't think you can blame one side, after all the President can be the leader he was elected to be and lead the way. Instead he sits and waits. He should put a bill together and send it to the Hill.
A pointed out by others, there's absolutely no way anything the President sends up will be voted on by more than a few R's who are on their way out after their current post.

Quote:
It is a democrat mess, let them fix it.
This mess we're in is a long time in the making, but it intensified during Bush II's terms and the powerbase of R's that have been in power since have kept the fire on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
That's not enough for these people. They want to impose their religious beliefs on others by denying them the ability to have their birth control covered. That's the twist. These people squealing about their religious rights are actually the ones trying to impose their beliefs on others.
Isn't that a real kick in the nuts? All day long crying about freedom, and they're the ones imposing their ideals on others. This goes for the religious right and the tea party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
If Citizens United is overturned then normalcy will return.
This, please. What a joke the Citizens United decision was.

Quote:
You have shown that you are prejudice when it comes to republicans. I admit I am prejudice.
You may consider this petty, but, please, 'prejudiced'.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:49 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Isn't that a real kick in the nuts? All day long crying about freedom, and they're the ones imposing their ideals on others. This goes for the religious right and the tea party.
It's like the racists who squeal about the intolerance of those who object to their racism. "Reverse racism! Al Sharpton! Jesse Jackson! Barack Hussein Obamaaaaaa!"

It'd be funny except for the fact these are the same people who helped put most of the current GOP House caucus and many GOP governors and legislatures around the country into power.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:30 PM

We must, however, acknowledge, as it seems to me, that man with all his noble qualities... still bears in his bodily frame the indelible stamp of his lowly origin. -Charles Darwin

Racism isn't going away any time soon. All we can do is educate and filter out the level in which it is acted upon. But if you think blacks have it rough in that regards, try being a white man living in an inner city predominantly black neighborhood. Nothing subtle about the racism that goes on there.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Think about what you wrote. Look at what I highlighted. Our Constitution protects us from our government no matter how large or small the group is. Think about the rights that have been gained by the gay movement. The right to marry (not in all states...yet) and the right to collect benefits. The right not to be discriminated against due to your sexual choice. These are things a minority group have won over a majority interest like was the case with Proposition 8 in California.

The overturning of Prop 8 was a huge win for a minority group.
Use your context clues. It's obvious my statement directly refers to the issue of birth control in ACA. Nice straw man argument, though.

Also, it's not a minority support of gay marriage in regards to Prop 8, either. In a recent poll conducted by Gallup, 52% of respondents were in favor of supporting a law legalizing gay marriage.
Closed Thread