BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 03-07-2008, 11:51 PM
The Bulin Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBFANATIC View Post
No can do Pete, Smith still needs evaluating
Why would you trade for someone you intend to be your #1 goalie and then not play him?
Old 03-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Chainsaw Charlie

I have a question,What good is it to have a tie down rule,to mandate that your sweater must be tied down,BUT in Certain situations it Don't apply.

That is sort of like saying it is ok to run redlights on sat 7:15 AM,but no other time.

If it is not tied down ,it is a penalty,Call it.

I don't bitch about the officals as a rule,and Yes I know that the lightnig are not very good right now,But Damn it it looks like they are making shit up to call the bolts.

No wonder the PK looks good right, thay have practiced that mother enough.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:44 AM
BP Staff

Yeah, the if an instigator (which is highly speculative in most cases) then no tie-down penalty is pretty stupid.

Great game by Picard. I like that his minutes are quiet, too. He makes a good hit, breaks up a play, pinches in only when it's safe... and for the most part he's just back in position.

Great game by Ramo, too. The puck squeezing through at the end there was unfortunate.

The big guns really have to change their game, IMO. I think they need to get back to grinding out goals rather than relying on finesse.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netminder View Post
I have a question,What good is it to have a tie down rule,to mandate that your sweater must be tied down,BUT in Certain situations it Don't apply.

That is sort of like saying it is ok to run redlights on sat 7:15 AM,but no other time.
lol, i was thinking the same thing. it's an equipment violation, who cares how you found out about it? toss him!
Old 03-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Alex Kharitonov's Balls

And it's not like Boyle forcefully pulled it off. It came flying up as soon as they started to go. Still trying to figure out how Boyle got the "instigator" there when both guys took shots before the fight and dropped the gloves at the same time. Boyle deserved 2 minutes for roughing for his punch, but not two penalties for that.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Cooper's Law

Yup, hosed again.

The events preceeding Boyle's actions go unpunished, and Boyle gets the book thrown at him. :brick:
Old 03-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by missK View Post
WOW Picard lead all Lightning Dman in minutes tonight...28:59!! More minutes that OB and Ranger.

NHL.com
Yep, glad we had Stew up for that 2:04.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Cooper's Law

Ramo was awesome. Gives us hope for a true tandem next season and go with the hot hand until one of them proves he is better ... and that one could be Ramo. I actually don't mind that they want to "evaluate" Smith (though I agree it makes them look silly after they traded Richards for him), but I don't see why he has to play 18 or 19 of the last 20 games. This season is in the tank and his numbers just won't command a big-money contract. That's good. What else do you need to know. Smith is already an upgrade over Holmqvist and Denis ... just like Ramo was, too.

Our goaltending should be better next season. If it's not, we'll know the problem is Tortorella - his system and/or the way he manages personnel.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Cooper's Law

Default so true

I agree Pete and Bolthed, Ramo has given us quality starts and last night was no exception. He kept us in the game with some great saves and he does have the potential to get better. He and Smith should trade off every other game so both get a lot of experience the rest of the season. It is just too bad they did not start with Ramo at the start of the season. Yeah Picard looks like the real deal so far and may qualify as a steal down the road. he plays a better game right now than Kuba, and makes me think Kuba is now really trade bait. I just wish they would bring up Smaby and Mihalik and give them some time on the ice to see how they play. Yeah Boyle got hosed with the call, the refs only see what they want and Parise cheap shotted Boyle and then gets his due and they throw the book at Boyle. How stupid, I hope they send the tape to Campbell so they don't mess Boyle over on the instigator thing. Rick and the Chief read the rule last night that exempts the player from the tie down rule when there is an instigator call made- how stupid but that is the NHL and may be why they called the instigator on Boyle so they would not have to penalize Parise any more than necessary. Next year starts now.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:22 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Why would you trade for someone you intend to be your #1 goalie
Well, that's the first mistake I think the Lightning are making philosophically. I don't want Smith being the clear #1. This should be a tandem and Smith and Ramo should be splitting starts 60/40 like Backstrom and Harding do in Minny. If they do that, they're going to get these two young guys competing and developing nicely.