BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 02-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad View Post
I don't care if we're paying him a zillion dollars, there has to be some discipline in his play.
Maybe, that's why he's been so successful offensively with the Bolts
Old 02-28-2008, 03:13 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
Goo-fy.

What game and goaltender were you watching? Perhaps you mistakenly were watching Chris Mason give up 5 goals against the Sabres?

Granted, *awe* is strong word and I doubt anyone was *awed*, but most weren't expecting *awe* anyways. I find it hard to believe that you can't see *marked* improvement in positioning, poise, skill with the puck, and confidence in even a single period of hockey over the chumps they thrown out in net the last couple of years. Perhaps you just being obtuse on purpose. I mean, what about those *four* breakaways he stoned? How many of those would Holmqvist or Grahame would have let in? Uhhhh, four?

Goo-fy.
Unless you thought he was amazing in net tonight, than quit baiting arguments. There is absolutely nothing inaccurate with what I said, just a lot of aggressive assumptions on your part.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Keefamania!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester47 View Post
Well, we know where Ranger was, in the blue, right in front of the goalie… Maybe he just likes to make it challenging for them???

You guys tell me if I’m wrong here, but way back when I first learned to play (of course I was a forward, but...) we were taught to stay out of the paint, let the goalie see the shot/puck. The only exception was if there was an opposing player already there that needed to be “encouraged” to move along.

I bring this up because it seems to be a common occurrence with our D and it drives me nuts every time. If they would just stand to the side and let the goalie handle the shot and not be so damn bent on playing goalie themselves, it might cut down on that wide open back door play where it seems so many goals are scored against us.

Maybe this comes from not trusting or having confidence in our goalies but especially as good as Ramo is at the poke check you would thing the coaches would correct this… :frusty:

Talk to me mates, am I totally off base on this or what????
I know that I tell my defensemen to slow up as soon as they start to see the hash marks at the faceoff circles. This allows them to continue to play the body wide and also let the goalie see the shooter. This is what I was taught and it seemed to work with the kids I have coached over the years.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:25 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro View Post
Maybe, that's why he's been so successful offensively with the Bolts
Possibly... but there's got to be a happy medium that benefits the team more than his stats.

I thought this was somewhat telling:

Quote:
"I told my agent that [Dallas] would be No. 1 on my list," Richards said. "With what they're doing, I really respect them and the way they play. They play as a team and they play to win, and that's something I miss."

Last edited by chad; 02-28-2008 at 04:49 PM.