BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 02-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTLightning26 View Post
Think they may have put Richards on wing with the other two to try and up his points and plus-minus for a trade?
I think Richards is on that line because it was finally obvious to the staff that he could no longer carry 2nd centering duties. I think it's temporary -- due to conditioning, illness, etc., but he's generally struggling to put in a complete shift, much less an all out game. He looks like he's less than 50% right now. Never seen him play like this before. I know he hasn't forgotten how to play. I believe he still wants to play at a high level. I think the just can't right now, for whatever reason.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:59 AM
The Bulin Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
I think Richards is on that line because it was finally obvious to the staff that he could no longer carry 2nd centering duties. I think it's temporary -- due to conditioning, illness, etc., but he's generally struggling to put in a complete shift, much less an all out game. He looks like he's less than 50% right now. Never seen him play like this before. I know he hasn't forgotten how to play. I believe he still wants to play at a high level. I think the just can't right now, for whatever reason.
They said in the paper this line was an attempt to get him going. I think they're just desperate at this point.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:27 AM
BP Staff

I don't mind the 21 million dollar line, but they have to treat it like a "real" line and not an All-Star game line where they can dangle and weave and wait for someone to go get the puck for them.

While we need skill on the farm, I'm hoping the original Feaster intent of bringing in character/sandpaper guys with skill is practiced at the deadline.

Start getting guys that give a damn when the puck goes in the corner, yet they actually have the ability to bury the puck at the end of the sequence.

This is why I think (if he adds on weight), Tyrell and/or Harju could get extended looks next year.

Last edited by chad; 02-06-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Cooper's Law

Anyone else Fearing a Feaster trade? We need a bold GM with vision ... one who will take responsibility for the mistake of maxing out Richards' contract and realize that it is HE that should be traded before others who are more valuable and cheaper. It's so obvious, but I have every doubt in the world that Feaster will do the right thing.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Cooper's Law

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

[quote=Bolthed;931... one who will take responsibility for the mistake of maxing out Richards' contract and realize that it is HE that should be traded before others who are more valuable and cheaper. It's so obvious, but I have every doubt in the world that Feaster will do the right thing.[/QUOTE]

I think he did already come out in the paper and took the blame for the state of the team, I would think Richard's contract would be a part of that.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Cooper's Law

Sure, but it'll be a cold day in hell when Feaster trades Brad Richards.