BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-05-2013, 01:02 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
45 save shutout. Love the way he moves. He knows he's huge and moves efficiently.
That dude is big. He just stayed down on his knees many times and he still covered the post from bottom to top. Why rush to stand up if you don't have to?
Old 04-05-2013, 05:23 AM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Last edited by KyleFreadrich43; 04-05-2013 at 05:35 AM.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:58 AM
Cooper's Law

Default Cooper

Yes uf1910, I also saw Cooper give Ben a head bump ....pretty cool on his part, rarely see a coach do that. It is like he is saying we ate all in this together, I like that. KF43, great pics...thanks
Old 04-05-2013, 06:36 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

My main concern about Bishop is that he's only able to move diagonally. That can really limit his options for making saves.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:24 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
My main concern about Bishop is that he's only able to move diagonally. That can really limit his options for making saves.
:rimshot: He'll be here all week, folks

Based on just this one game....Bishop = the smooth movements, net-erasing perfect positioning, Zen-like calm and poise of Puppa + the lightning-quick reflexes and relentless focus of Khabibulin...

= KHABIPUPPA!

I detected zero mistakes from young 'Darenikolai' in what amounted to about three Marty Brodeur shutouts. This is what 60 minutes of solid goaltending can do: steal a huge four-point road game when necessary. None of the usual anxiety and herky-jerky moves, hesitation and lousy puckhandling. This is more like it, Mr. Yzerman. This is more like it. Better late than never, I suppose. Sure, with a team that allows 45 shots on net you can't expect to go far in the long run, but this is a *ahem* sizeable improvement

I don't know who's luckier--the Hurricanes that it wasn't more like 9-0, or the Lightning that Khabipuppa saved their bacon on a number of early chances to go down 3-0 or 4-0 and fold up the tent

Best Line of the Night: Rick Peckham, referring to Chief's description of Johnson pinging the underside of the crossbar: "Good to know goalies have a new friend, Chief--the underbelly!"

The final goal with Pouliot's massively heads-up play at the blue line to keep the puck in and find Marty...who makes an impossible backhand feed through a defender to the open wing for Pouliot, then drills the return pass to the top right corner...what a thing of beauty. If that's not goal of the week it's right up there

I love Tom Pyatt's basic game plan every night: "I'll be crashing through the slot like the A-train, just throw it in there and I'm cramming it in."

Last but not least, props to Sweet 16 for helping the team win with the game-winning goal...again
Old 04-05-2013, 08:39 AM
XO Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
The final goal with Pouliot's massively heads-up play at the blue line to keep the puck in and find Marty
I think that was actually a Matt Carle sighting, one of a couple good plays he made last night.

Edit - Actually, I'm thinking of the 2nd to last goal. Anyway, a good game by Carle last night as well as many others.

Last edited by Pat664422; 04-05-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
So obvious, and yet it took a day and a half for someone to make the joke.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:19 AM

That and BP passed up the "Bishop takes Rook" headline.

I was shamelessly inspired by a Sens thread on HF for that one. Was hoping someone would take the bait as they did over there.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:24 AM

Maybe I missed it, but I will say it seemed like while Carolina got a lot of shots, we did a good job limiting quality and second chance shots. Gudas was a bit off last night, but, he can't be great all the time. I actually thought Pete's boy Aulie had a pretty good night last night.

I've been screaming TOI for a month or so now with Boucher. Pyatt led all forwards, however, second was not one of the big three either, it was Killorn. To me, that is rewarding a line that is playing very hard and very well. Also I LOVE that Cooper found a line that had some real chemistry, and instead of breaking it up to put one of them up wiht Marty/Stamkos, he rode them and had two of them playing top minutes. That is how coaching is supposed to work. And if we can keep Marty under 20 per game, I bet you will see some old Marty coming back.

And overall guys, we are 4 points behind Washington and Winnipeg for the division crown, with 1 game in hand on Washington and 3 on Winnipeg.

Any news on what happened to Hedman? I didn't see anything.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:32 AM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

I'm surprised no one has mentioned purcell. kid had an outstanding game and has opened up... skating hard, puck handing through defenders, and finding opening players in the slot.