BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 10-23-2019, 02:26 PM
BP Staff

They actually went there:

Quote:
Judge: If President Trump shot someone on Fifth Avenue, local authorities couldn't investigate, or do anything about it?

Trump lawyer: No.

Judge: Nothing could be done while in office? That is your position?

Trump lawyer: That is correct.
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1187049456744697857
Old 10-23-2019, 02:50 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Not sure how Yang isn't polling in the 3% range, he's been steadily climbing for the past 6 months and I'd like to see more of him.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
A little birdie who used to post here but can't login any more due to password issues told me to pass this along:

"I spoke with Waiverwire recently and just wanted to pass along that he's fine. Just taking a break from being online and that he's alive and in decent health. He just doesn't have any plans on returning over there anytime soon, if at all, as he's "twilighting" and decided to focus on other things. Including no longer being a STM after next season he said."

It's good to know that nothing bad happened at least.
Thank you! Glad to hear he's ok. Usually when he quits posting (which has happened a few times) he's messaged me or had someone delete his account.

Whoever it is that can't log in, if you can message me their info I can fix it.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:57 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Luckily for all of us, Trump's attorney would not be the one making that determination.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:59 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
What do the Iowa and New Hampshire polls say? Because if Biden can't stop Warren in one of those states, it's over, IMO. The Selzer Poll in Iowa said she was already ahead of Biden there and she's got a natural built in advantage in New Hampshire that gives her the lead because it borders Massachusetts.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/23/polit...ers/index.html

See the link above, and then let's take a knee to some harsh realities. The whole caucus/primary process, for both parties, is rigged (consciously or not) to give disproportionate weight to white voters. Why? Because, how many African Americans and Latinos do you know who are from Iowa or New Hampshire? Among whites nationwide, according to this CNN poll, Warren's already pulled to within 4% of Biden. His lead is almost entirely on the backs of non-white voters (because he was Obama's VP). Hence Biden's firewall in very African American heavy South Carolina.

However, every other candidate who has tried this strategy has failed because people, by nature, are frontrunners, and if a candidate wins both Iowa and New Hampshire they start to gain A TON of sidewalk voters (where Biden is currently feasting because of his name ID as ex-VP). Biden may still win South Carolina, don't get me wrong, but if Warren wins Iowa and New Hampshire she's going to start slicing and dicing his support among non-white voters all over the map and it's a free fall he won't be able to contain.

Biden's got to figure out a way to do what John Kerry did in 2004 in Iowa because I don't think he's got a snowball's chance in New Hampshire. How he does that, I dunno. Kerry did it when Dean started to look strident and unelectable thanks, in part, to Gephardt committing murder-suicide with a negative ad war in Iowa. I don't think it's quite so easy to tar Warren that way.
I'll put this article right here, too, Donnie:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...o-like-warren/

As candidates continue to drop out, Warren's evidently the most popular second choice in the field.

I am weirdly fascinated that many Sanders supporters would consider Biden, though. Periodic reminder, I guess: the fun house mirror that is social media doesn't reflect real voters.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:00 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
Luckily for all of us, Trump's attorney would not be the one making that determination.
It's batspit insane that anyone would even ATTEMPT to make that argument, let alone the lawyer for the POTUS.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:02 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
Thank you! Glad to hear he's ok. Usually when he quits posting (which has happened a few times) he's messaged me or had someone delete his account.

Whoever it is that can't log in, if you can message me their info I can fix it.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:09 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
I'm confused, I thought this was an impeachment inquiry, not official impeachment procedures? It seems like the differentiation gets lost in the reporting of the inquiry. Is having closed door depositions common in this type of situation? I have no idea, but if it is, then Republican actions make a lot less sense.

While I agree that more transparency is better than less, I think Republicans should be careful of what they wish for, as they just might get it. If this testimony is as damning as what is indicated, putting it out in front of the general public likely won't help bring people to their cause. I suppose it could give them more to work with as they spin it, but it really seems like that is pissing into the wind at this point. The spin hasn't been taking hold. At all.
It’s another attempt at distraction. The Trump folks can’t win on the issue because he has already confessed. So they are moving to try and discredit the process.

There are Republicans on the committees that are conducting the inquiry. So it’s not like the democrats are doing this on their own.

Frankly, I’d like to see it in the open as I think it would cement the impeachment support of the 64%. But there are 2 issues with going into the open, we are dealing with foreign policy and I understand that some classified information has been discussed. There is also the stated reason that they don’t want the witnesses comparing notes. I find that part a little disingenuous as much of the testimony has leaked out
Old 10-23-2019, 03:21 PM
BP Staff

You say that, Donnie, but they've probably already caught Sondland perjuring himself, for instance. What's leaking out is the broad strokes of the testimony, not so much the finer granular details of the witnesses' answers.

BTW, the same people bitching about this process also held closed door hearings in the SCIF for the bogus Benghazi "scandal", so I really don't want to hear their BS.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:38 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Gaetz says, on camera, “Ok, lets go in there”. If this had been D’s storming aforementioned Benghazi hearings, the heads at Fox would have exploded. And the Trumpers in the panhandle just love that kind of shit. Disgusting.

Oh, btw, they go in to a secure room WITH their phones! Where’s the Sargent in arms???