BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 10-09-2019, 07:45 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
I just spoke to a distraught US Special Forces soldier who is among the 1000 or so US troops in Syria tonight who is serving alongside the SDF Kurdish forces. It was one of the hardest phone calls I have ever taken.

"I am ashamed for the first time in my career."

This veteran US Special forces soldier has trained indigenous forces on multiple continents. He is on the frontlines tonight and said they are witnessing Turkish atrocities.

"Turkey is not doing what it agreed to. It's horrible," this military source on the ground told me.

"We met every single security agreement. The Kurds met every single agreement. There was NO threat to the Turks - NONE - from this side of the border." "This is insanity," the concerned US service member told me. ""I don't know what they call atrocities but they are happening."

This American soldier told me the Kurds have not left their positions guarding the ISIS prisoners. In fact "they prevented a prison break last night without us."
"They are not abandoning our side (yet)."
The Kurds are "pleading for our support." We are doing "nothing."

Troops on the ground in Syria and their commanders were "surprised" by the decision Sunday night.
Of the President's decision: "He doesn't understand the problem. He doesn't understand the repercussions of this. Erdogan is an Islamist, not a level headed actor."

Acc to this US soldier on the ground tonight in Syria: "The Kurds are as close to Western thinking in the Middle East as anyone. "It's a shame. It's horrible." "This is not helping the ISIS fight." Re: ISIS prisoners: "Many of them will be free in the coming days and weeks."

This US Special Forces soldier wanted me to know: "The Kurds are sticking by us. No other partner I have ever dealt with would stand by us."
Disappointed in the decisions coming from their senior leaders.
https://twitter.com/JenGriffinFNC/st...744276993?s=20
Old 10-09-2019, 07:48 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Trump defends Syria move: The Kurds 'didn't help us' in Normandy
https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...us-in-normandy

Fucking moron.
Old 10-09-2019, 07:57 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Honestly if you read the whole part of that, it legit sounds like he believes Normandy is in the US (someone better check their supply of sharpies). This is so disgusting and scary.
Old 10-09-2019, 08:06 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
It occurs to me that the volume and velocity of shit coming out of the White House, related to a looming foreign policy and humanitarian catastrophe in Syria and Kurdish Iraq (completely unnecessary), the stonewalling of the impeachment inquiry (expected), and the new revelations coming out on an hour-by-hour basis from said inquiry (expected), has outstripped WWs ability to water carry. Just a theory.
Then DubDub should step forward and say something along the lines of,

"Much to my embarrassment, the news of the past two weeks have made it impossible for me to defend this man any longer. I have tried to support him and give him the benefit of the doubt these past three years, but recent revelations have only confirmed many of my worst misgivings about his character and I fully support an impeachment inquiry to get to the bottom of this apparent corruption."

-Respectable Mirror Universe DubDub With a Goatee(probably)
Old 10-09-2019, 10:47 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
Unfortunately, can anyone rule out the distinct possibility that Ergogan and his partners, some of whom are Trump partners, hatched a deal whereby giving Turkey the go ahead to invade, Trump’s financial positions in Turkey could be enhanced in some fashion??? Not only can we not rule it out, I think its highly likely. Crooked as a bolt of Florida lightning.
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/tru...kurd-betrayal/
Old 10-10-2019, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_narrow_way View Post
A testiment to the sad state that we are in, a phone recording of this would be more damaging for Trump than anything prior
Old 10-10-2019, 09:36 AM

Two associates of Rudy Giuliani connected to efforts to dig up dirt in Ukraine on Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden were arrested Wednesday on criminal charges for violating campaign finance rules, according to a spokesman for the Southern District of New York.

Igor Fruman and Lev Parnas were detained Dulles airport outside of Washington and are expected to appear in court in Virginia on Thursday.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:57 AM
BP Staff

Can someone at some point please ask Trump where he has the balls trying to tie what he was doing in Ukraine to an anti-corruption crusade when half of the people around him are felons? Ex-campiagn manager. Ex-deputy campaign manager. Ex-attorney. Ex-NSC director. Etc. Etc. You lose all credibility whining about corruption when everyone around you is a bunch of jailbirds.

And Giuliani should be in jail next.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:00 AM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Can someone at some point please ask Trump where he has the balls trying to tie what he was doing in Ukraine to an anti-corruption crusade when half of the people around him are felons?
As if self awareness has ever been an observable trait of Donald Trump.
Old 10-10-2019, 01:27 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
As if self awareness has ever been an observable trait of Donald Trump.
It's not for Donald Trump's consumption. I want the media to ask that question so he throws a hissy fit so more of the public can hear about all the people in his orbit who are in the orange jumpsuit club. We've grown numb to it, but it's really amazing.