BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 08-22-2018, 12:39 AM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

You may be correct. That's the 30% I've been talking about for a long time. However, if a 20% increase in voter turnout occurs in November, It will not matter if that 30%+ turn out. They will be "swamped" . It's all about "turnout', and that is true across the country, not just in FLA.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:41 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
You may be correct. That's the 30% I've been talking about for a long time. However, if a 20% increase in voter turnout occurs in November, It will not matter if that 30%+ turn out. They will be "swamped" . It's all about "turnout', and that is true across the country, not just in FLA.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

There's some of your 30%.

Seriously, if they aren't trolling for the interview, that's hilariously stupid. There's nothing Alex Jones says that is in anyway NOT a means for him to promote his snake oil supplements and bilk his audience out of their hard-earned money.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:50 PM
Cooper's Law

They seemed 100% sincere. I’d love a chance to speak with calm, polite folks with ideas like that, because I’d like to know what those mysterious “facts” are that has them believing Alex Jones’ conspiracy theory that the government is putting chemicals in our water to turn people gay. Sure, it’s easy to laugh, but those people seem like they might actually listen to a scientist and reconsider the whole gay frog thing. But who knows? Maybe I’m naive.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:11 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
They seemed 100% sincere. I’d love a chance to speak with calm, polite folks with ideas like that, because I’d like to know what those mysterious “facts” are that has them believing Alex Jones’ conspiracy theory that the government is putting chemicals in our water to turn people gay. Sure, it’s easy to laugh, but those people seem like they might actually listen to a scientist and reconsider the whole gay frog thing. But who knows? Maybe I’m naive.
You'd have better luck trying to convince a holocaust denier that they're wrong. I have family members who are conspiracy theorists. Literally not worth any of your time to speak with them about those conspiracies. You can't prove a negative and their "proof" is similar to religious "proof".
Old 08-22-2018, 08:44 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Apparently the payoffs made by Cohen came from the Trump foundation.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:12 AM

So, trump admitts the payments came from him now. Apparently he and his brilliant lawyers believe it only violates campaign finance laws if it came from the campaign fund I guess?
Old 08-23-2018, 06:36 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
So, trump admitts the payments came from him now. Apparently he and his brilliant lawyers believe it only violates campaign finance laws if it came from the campaign fund I guess?
You are assuming he listens to his lawyers advice
Old 08-23-2018, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
You'd have better luck trying to convince a holocaust denier that they're wrong. I have family members who are conspiracy theorists. Literally not worth any of your time to speak with them about those conspiracies. You can't prove a negative and their "proof" is similar to religious "proof".
Unless your intent is understanding what a kid on his bike in Israel for a year completing his LDS mission feels like you’re wasting your time.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:19 AM
Crispy's Notepad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
There's a rather poignant hypothesis about this type of thinking being a survival advantage a few thousand years ago. It helps with understanding some people who think this way (though I despise the people who profit from this shit), but it does make being a science educator more challenging. My colleagues get some of the kids that have been raised in a creationist/intelligent design household and these kids--nice kids mind you--start asking questions of the instructors and some end up having a crisis of faith when they find out they've been lied to by their families. I take extra care when explaining the common usage of theory and scientific theory, actual risk assessment, and the laws of thermodynamics.
Some of the anti-vaxxers in my town are really scary... *sigh*
Old 08-23-2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhebner View Post
Some of the anti-vaxxers in my town are really scary... *sigh*
Now this is a goofy bunch of "thinkers". Unless they are under cover proponents of zpg.