BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 05-03-2015, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

Default Game 2 @ Habs, 5/3, 6:00 pm, NBCSN

Morning skate has started, I have to get going soon & probably going to miss most of this one, but hopefully can get a few things on here.

Joe Smith ‏@TBTimes_JSmith
#TBLightning Cooper said @jodrouin27 will play in this series.

Hmm

TJ taking the skate, which is a relief.

Last edited by Sotnos; 05-03-2015 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:15 PM
Tim Taylor's WrapAround

I'm expecting a seriously hard charging bunch of Habs tonight. Hoping the boys have plenty of jump and don't cave to early pressure. Defensively I have loads of confidence in our group and expect we'll play the counter successfully and grab the lead. I didn't get to watch the game Friday, had the good fortune of listening to Dave and Phil! I heard them mention Stammer having an injury issue after a bump from Price? Also evidently a cross check on Johnson that caused him some serious discomfort. Haven't found much on either issue reported but looks like they both go tonight?? Maybe Price pissed Stammer off. Let's hope so. Go Bolts!!!
Old 05-03-2015, 02:32 PM
BP Staff

I'd kind of expect Drouin and Nesterov in Game Three and Game Four when the coaching staff can shelter them better than on the road.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:34 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
I heard them mention Stammer having an injury issue after a bump from Price? Also evidently a cross check on Johnson that caused him some serious discomfort. Haven't found much on either issue reported but looks like they both go tonight??
Nor will you hear much about how injured guys really are from here on out. At this juncture, though, you'll have to hack a guy's limb off to keep them out of the lineup. Unless its structural damage they can't play through, guys are going to go.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:44 PM
Cooper's Law

This is THE game. Another huge crossroads for this group of Bolts.

I really, really hope they come out loose with nothing to lose. As Pete said, with a 1-0 lead and home-ice advantage, we're playing with house money. I also think the Habs are likely to play right into our hands and come out skating a wide-open style in hopes of scoring that all-important first goal. And if we match their energy I love our chances of beating them at that game. If we can go up 2 or 3 goals they will slump big time and probably resort to cheap-shot goonery, which we can withstand.

It's all about first-period energy for me. I pray we've seen the last of those tentative jitters. A 2-0 lead heading back to Tampa would be amazing!
Old 05-03-2015, 03:05 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Should the Bolts win this game it will show another step in maturation.

I don't think they're going to win this game, not that they can't. I think MTL knows how important this game is to the rest of their season. If the Bolts can impose their will and pull out a victory, they will have demonstrated a killer's mentality.

Step on their throats boys. Take a commanding series lead.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:12 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
I pray we've seen the last of those tentative jitters.
I don't think Game One was about jitters. Game One was about the emotional tank being low after playing a Game Seven two nights prior. After winning in 2OT, I expect their emotional tank to be pretty full and them to play confidently in Game Two.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:06 PM
Brian Bradley's Pimp Blazer

Don't think a win is necessary but would be nice if they did win. We got the next two at home where we need to win both. Just don't let them get any confidence, keep them frustrated even if they win.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:16 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

This bolts team can beat any team on any given night. I don't think "how important MTL knows this is" means diddly squat. Teams that can't match talent with opposition compare the finite details. Let's see what Tampa team shows up tonight, because that is all that matters.

Let's go bolts!
Old 05-03-2015, 04:45 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Desharnais is out with the flu. Considering Habs fans hate him to start with, that might not be a good thing. Especially if it moves Galchenyuk to center.